MS Store: Lumia's out of stock

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
MS is discontinuing the Lumia phones.
You won't be seeing any Lumia phones anymore.

I get the strategy. They're retrenching. They're clearing the way for the Surface phone/device and other OEM's. But I can't lie...I still like Lumia's. I'm using one right now. I'm gonna miss them 😔

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: No windows phones available. What should I do?

Hi...
I took a trip to the market and all sales of Lumias have ceased (at least in my city.) I can't find a new one. Lumia 650 has been released for less than a year and it's already gone. Can't even find a second-handed one and I think I'm too late.
What should I do now?

Here in Canada Amazon.ca still appears to have stock on many variants of Microsoft and Nokia Lumia's, as to the actual quantities left for most that's anyone's guess. Just purchased another 650 with an Amazon online retailer who's now showing 7 left in stock.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I get the strategy. They're retrenching. They're clearing the way for the Surface phone/device and other OEM's. But I can't lie...I still like Lumia's. I'm using one right now. I'm gonna miss them 😔

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

Their strategy seem ars backwards if you ask me, what big company would deplete/eliminate their stock w/o having something concrete to replace it with, oh ya Microsoft. Guess time will tell if its true or not and if so, just another nail in the coffin the way I see it.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Their strategy seem ars backwards if you ask me, what big company would deplete/eliminate their stock w/o having something concrete to replace it with, oh ya Microsoft. Guess time will tell if its true or not and if so, just another nail in the coffin the way I see it.
I wonder what MS's plans are on the continuance of Insider Preview Builds? If MS continues with strictly Enterprise devises and leaves OEMs to take over consumer devices, do you think Windows phones could become carnival shows like Androids or drab and boring like iOS?

Seems to me that just like on pc/laptops, if OEMs take over Consumer Windows Phones, the bloat ware and crap ware is gonna rise fast.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you think Windows phones could become carnival shows like Androids or drab and boring like iOS?

I don't see neither Android nor iOS as a carnival show or boring, I see them as different, stable and there for me when we require them to get the job done. On the other hand, WP/WM is a constant reminder during usage that it has many shortcomings which, for me, ruins the overall experience. So to answer your question, if WP/WM took on some of the other platforms traits I don't necessarily think that'd be a bad thing.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't see neither Android nor iOS as a carnival show or boring, I see them as different, stable and there for me when we require them to get the job done. On the other hand, WP/WM is a constant reminder during usage that it has many shortcomings which, for me, ruins the overall experience. So to answer your question, if WP/WM took on some of the other platforms traits I don't necessarily think that'd be a bad thing.
I wouldn't exactly call them stable. Different yes, omnipresent yes. Stable, not so much. They're both having some issues with their latest iterations particularly with battery life. A paperweight in the middle of the day is no fun.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly call them stable. Different yes, omnipresent yes. Stable, not so much. They're both having some issues with their latest iterations particularly with battery life. A paperweight in the middle of the day is no fun.

Exactly. Nothing in tech is stable. It is ever changing.

Sent from mTalk

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Battery is great on my S7 edge; form 100% at wake up to 40-60% at go to bed time. Fast charge while I read in bed gives me 100% charge and I Power off. No issues noticed with OS so far but it was a labor to make it look executive and all round nice for my use - but it ain't Win 10 M like my ICON.

I've had lots of iphones and ipads they've all been boring but perfectly functional. I still use an iPad for my Kindle reader. Can't beat it in bed.

But what about the continuance of Insider Preview Builds on Windows phones for the next while? And what about the onset of OEM bloatware/crapware on Win phones in future?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly why I didn't buy another Lumia after my 640 XL and went with the Idol 4s instead

why's that? I think even today and for the next year or so I can guarantee you that the lumias will have better support, and even after that, there's no reason to hope that 3rd parties like alcatel will have better support

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Maybe in your case but from my personal experiences they have been what I'd consider, rock solid. Out of the 9 Android/iOS devices I now own, only one needed a reset in 2016, in 2015 the number of devices was only 7 yet resets/issues still stands at one. So basically we've had little to no problems with these platforms in a 2 year span so ya I'd say, in my situation, they are stable.

On the other hand, a year with Windows Phone has exceeded that number tenfold and if we factor in a 2 year period, it becomes downright insane.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe in your case but from my personal experiences they have been what I'd consider, rock solid. Out of the 9 Android/iOS devices I now own, only one needed a reset in 2016, in 2015 the number of devices was only 7 yet resets/issues still stands at one. So basically we've had little to no problems with these platforms in a 2 year span so ya I'd say, in my situation, they are stable.

On the other hand, a year with Windows Phone has exceeded that number tenfold and if we factor in a 2 year period, it becomes downright insane.

The Nougat update has seriously affected the battery life on many devices. My LG G5 was one and T-Mobile actually sent me an email regarding the issue. Apple's 10.3 is a well-documented case of sour battery life across the board. Since there are so many Android OEMs it's very likely you haven't been affected. But the problem exists for LG, some Motos and some HTCs. Then again, the Nougat adoption rate isn't what you would call "widespread" so it's understandable if you're not aware. But don't tell me the problem's not real.
Android Nougat hits 0.4% adoption after 3 months | VentureBeat | Dev | by Jordan Novet

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
But what about the continuance of Insider Preview Builds on Windows phones for the next while? And what about the onset of OEM bloatware/crapware on Win phones in future?
With very few exceptions, bloatware is uninstallable on Windows Mobile so I've never considered it an issue. As for the Insider builds, I'm finding there are more bugs than fixes since the AU with each build so I'm staying put with RTMs. Very reminiscent of the CM nightlies from a few years ago.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
With very few exceptions, bloatware is uninstallable on Windows Mobile so I've never considered it an issue. As for the Insider builds, I'm finding there are more bugs than fixes since the AU with each build so I'm staying put with RTMs. Very reminiscent of the CM nightlies from a few years ago.

Thanks, man. That's good to hear on the bloatware and understood on the Insider Builds since the AU, though I hope to stick with it as long as I can.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The Nougat update has seriously affected the battery life on many devices. My LG G5 was one and T-Mobile actually sent me an email regarding the issue. Apple's 10.3 is a well-documented case of sour battery life across the board. Since there are so many Android OEMs it's very likely you haven't been affected. But the problem exists for LG, some Motos and some HTCs. Then again, the Nougat adoption rate isn't what you would call "widespread" so it's understandable if you're not aware. But don't tell me the problem's not real.
Android Nougat hits 0.4% adoption after 3 months | VentureBeat | Dev | by Jordan Novet

Don't believe I insinuated that Android and iOS don't have their share of problems but basically did state the facts that, in my household, problems have been far and few between on those two platforms so I view them as stable and reliable. IMO there's no other way for me to look at it, take it or leave it. :wink:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't believe I insinuated that Android and iOS don't have their share of problems but basically did state the facts that, in my household, problems have been far and few between on those two platforms so I view them as stable and reliable. IMO there's no other way for me to look at it, take it or leave it. :wink:
No, you didn't insinuate anything but you did say it was probably something only I was experiencing since none of your 9 Androids were having the problems. I was also clear that it was a Nougat and 10.3 problem. You may be on Marshmallow for all I know. If we're going to list every issue for every mobile OS ever released we might as well start our own Wiki page. A long one at that.

Shahroz Naeem

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: No windows phones available. What should I do?

Here in Canada Amazon.ca still appears to have stock on many variants of Microsoft and Nokia Lumia's, as to the actual quantities left for most that's anyone's guess. Just purchased another 650 with an Amazon online retailer who's now showing 7 left in stock.

I'm not in or around the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro