I've had my 950xl for exactly 1 year and..........

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Believe it or not, I just bought my 6th 950xl. I keep switching back and forth but now I'm going to keep both the iPhone 6s Plus and the 950xl. And...if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Phoenix, AZ. :smile:

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I've seen a couple over the last year. I saw*at least one when visiting Toronto over the summer, saw another at the airport a few months later. I also know a couple people who use them as well.

Likely there were more I've seen, but just can't recall off the top of my head. The design is generally pretty distinguishable for most Lumia's so it is obvious when you see one.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Believe it or not, I just bought my 6th 950xl. I keep switching back and forth but now I'm going to keep both the iPhone 6s Plus and the 950xl. And...if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Phoenix, AZ. :smile:

If it were me I'd be keeping both, actually have all three platforms on-hand that way when we're tired of one we just switch out SIMs and off we go. Yes a tad more expensive but wouldn't think buying, selling, buying six 950XLs would be all that cost effective either no? Unless they were all returned within an allotted trial period.

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If it were me I'd be keeping both, actually have all three platforms on-hand that way when we're tired of one we just switch out SIMs and off we go. Yes a tad more expensive but wouldn't think buying, selling, buying 6 950XLs would be all that cost effective either no? Unless they were all returned within an allotted trial period.

Two new from MS store; others from CL or Swappa; normally at a price that when I sold them, I was able to break even.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
If it were me I'd be keeping both, actually have all three platforms on-hand that way when we're tired of one we just switch out SIMs and off we go.
This is what I do now and I love it. It's fun having one of each that I really like. My iPhone (SE) and my Android (Honor 8) are my favorites from those platforms but I wish that there were more choices for WP. The 650 is great but I wish battery life was better for me. I really like it, but I can't say that it's my fav for the platform.

Omg wow you did it again! Haha but I get you. lol

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
This is what I do now and I love it. It's fun having one of each that I really like. My iPhone (SE) and my Android (Honor 8) are my favorites from those platforms but I wish that there were more choices for WP.

I keep getting razed at work to go iPhone with the majority of my co-workers having one, just haven't had the hankering to do so even though there is now a spare (iPhone 6) in my household. GS7 and G4 are my mains if we need it all. So basically the order of importance according to my type of usage would be, Android #1, WP 2nd, and iPhone coming up in the rear placing a distant 3rd... My go-to tablet is the iPad Mini 4 so you'd think iPhone would be it, but nope.

Ditto on the choices of WP, appears that is dwindling now too. :unhappy:

The 650 is great but I wish battery life was better for me. I really like it, but I can't say that it's my fav for the platform.

Yeah still too early to get the feel for the batteries longevity on my second new 650 yet its starting off on the name note as my first. If that's any indication we shall be pleased. Like it too and would love to try out one of the "BIG GUNS" (950/XL, HP Elite X3) yet very sceptical jumping in that far at this point and time.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
GS7 and G4 are my mains if we need it all. <snip> My go-to tablet is the iPad Mini 4 <snip> my second new 650

Interesting... you pretty much have exactly what we use!

The 650 isn't my primary device, but I play with it some. It's a bit unstable. I've had the Store and also Updates crash. Not sure why. I don't have a SIM card in it, and it is not on Insider. It happened fresh out of the box. I'm guessing the crashes were due to lots of updates being needed. I haven't had them crash since all available updates were installed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I keep getting razed at work to go iPhone with the majority of my co-workers having one, just haven't had the hankering to do so even though there is now a spare (iPhone 6) in my household. GS7 and G4 are my mains if we need it all. So basically the order of importance according to my type of usage would be, Android #1, WP 2nd, and iPhone coming up in the rear placing a distant 3rd... My go-to tablet is the iPad Mini 4 so you'd think iPhone would be it, but nope.

Ditto on the choices of WP, appears that is dwindling now too. :unhappy:

Yeah still too early to get the feel for the batteries longevity on my second new 650 yet its starting off on the name note as my first. If that's any indication we shall be pleased. Like it too and would love to try out one of the "BIG GUNS" (950/XL, HP Elite X3) yet very sceptical jumping in that far at this point and time.
I get it, everyone has their own preferences. I hear that a good number of people do the iPad Mini and Android phone combo. I'm the flip of you, I really like how well iOS works for me and my contacts using Outlook so it's #2 for me. It's the only phone I can use and not think about...

I hope that the second 650 will be better for you though. I tried the 950 but the battery life disappointed me. It would be interesting to play with it again, but that's a lot for me to drop for third fiddle...

lumia_kiwi

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have owned 2 lumia phones over the past 5 years. Never seen anyone in New Zealand with a windows phone. I have found that Android & IOS devices are heavily promoted and sold here. I don't hear so much as a tickity boo from Microsoft NZ marketing of the Lumia brand. I only just recently found out that my brother and his family are fans of windows phones and I'm selling him my Lumia 1520 to him, I'm upgrading to a Lumia 950.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Interesting... you pretty much have exactly what we use!

:cool:

The 650 isn't my primary device, but I play with it some. It's a bit unstable. I've had the Store and also Updates crash. Not sure why. I don't have a SIM card in it, and it is not on Insider. It happened fresh out of the box. I'm guessing the crashes were due to lots of updates being needed. I haven't had them crash since all available updates were installed.

Running my 650 "out-of-the-box" too so when I bi*ch no one can say "that's to be expected when you're running an insider build" haahaha... Just kidding. Actually wanted to give it an honest go on a device designed with W10M mind, can't say overall it's a much different experience than my 830. Display and size are much more appealing to me though.

Stability and consistency has been many of the sore spots for me, hopefully MS can get the lead out and up their game in that department but sceptical that will come fourth in short order. Store, weeell, that's still a disgrace IMO.

Going to give the 650 an honest go as a daily driver and unless we encounter a problem like the last one, we will find out what this week brings. My spare phones are always close at hand so if things go awry we're at the ready, here's hoping that won't be the case.

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I get it, everyone has their own preferences. I hear that a good number of people do the iPad Mini and Android phone combo. I'm the flip of you, I really like how well iOS works for me and my contacts using Outlook so it's #2 for me. It's the only phone I can use and not think about...

I hope that the second 650 will be better for you though. I tried the 950 but the battery life disappointed me. It would be interesting to play with it again, but that's a lot for me to drop for third fiddle...

Think iPhone/iOS definitely has its place and in most instances tis my first recommendation for those needing a cell phone or wanting to upgrade. Just hasn't sparked enough interest for me even after using the iPad. On the other hand, we almost pulled the trigger on the iPhone SE, the idea of something that small yet so powerful almost won me over but my inner self thought better of it. Wasn't 100% sure we'd be happy enough dealing will so little screen real estate.

So far the "new" 650 has been holding its own. Took it outside in 3X colder weather than previous and so far not one hiccup, was pretty confident nothing was going to happen yet a part of me had some doubtfulness. :winktongue: The screen flicker/flash seen on the first appears less prevalent here, would say it's now about the same as my 830... Why oh why MS. :eck: All we can do now is pray that things stay on an even keel for a reasonable amount of time, and we won't have to got through the painful setup/update process for some time cuz we really have a hate-on for that part now.

Heard the battery life on 950 is questionable and that's too bad. That alone wouldn't necessarily steer me away but the $$$, the OS, and possible hardware issues do. On the latter, it's probably me reading too much yet there seems to be an awful lot of complaints in regards to the 950/XL hardware.

ZundleFire

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I work in a phone repair shop (for about 6 months now) and i've seen around 10-20 windows phones come in just in the time i've been here. Outside of work, I've seen just as many people using windows phones. I currently use the L950 and previously had L640 and HTC one 8x.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I work in a phone repair shop (for about 6 months now) and i've seen around 10-20 windows phones come in just in the time i've been here. Outside of work, I've seen just as many people using windows phones. I currently use the L950 and previously had L640 and HTC one 8x.
What country?

Sent from mTalk

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have seen 1 other person at work who has had a Lumia 1020 and now a Lumia 950.

My brother had a 1020 as well until he broke his screen.

My dad uses a Lumia 635 and my mum uses my brothers old Lumia 800.

I have the Lumia 950 as my main phone. I have the 1020 running Windows10 mobile and I have a 640 on the Fast Ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99