Copy Lock screen and Start screen Wallpaper

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Got a new phone and don't have the source images for the lock screen and start screen wallpapers from old phone.

Presume these are "copied" JPGs somewhere in the hidden system folders. Connected old phone to my Surface Pro 4 but File Explorer won't show them.

How can I retrieve the JPGs?

TIA.

ENV

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Got a new phone and don't have the source images for the lock screen and start screen wallpapers from old phone.

Presume these are "copied" JPGs somewhere in the hidden system folders. Connected old phone to my Surface Pro 4 but File Explorer won't show them.

How can I retrieve the JPGs?

TIA.

ENV

I believe the original files must have been deleted. you coud have gotten them had you restored the backup from the old phone. no other way. there is a workaround though, for the lockscreen... you can take a screenshot and transfer.
other than that, if you do not have the file, it is next to impossible.

hope was able to help. :)

Alin Maior

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Are you using a hotmail account?
If so, log in with the same email address on the new phone and sync your settings. You should get the same background picture.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I haven't wiped the old phone yet, so the pictures are still displaying. Where is the phone getting the image from if not from a JPG somewhere in the file system?

if the phone is showing it, but it is not inside, then the pictures have been backed up on one drive!

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Already whacked the old phone (reformatted for younger son), and after checking her new phone's settings, realized she didn't have the "Backup Settings / Themes to OneDrive" checked! Oh well...Thanks for the tips though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs