Got a new phone and don't have the source images for the lock screen and start screen wallpapers from old phone.

Presume these are "copied" JPGs somewhere in the hidden system folders. Connected old phone to my Surface Pro 4 but File Explorer won't show them.

How can I retrieve the JPGs?

TIA.

ENV
    01-08-2017 01:48 AM
    Got a new phone and don't have the source images for the lock screen and start screen wallpapers from old phone.

Presume these are "copied" JPGs somewhere in the hidden system folders. Connected old phone to my Surface Pro 4 but File Explorer won't show them.

How can I retrieve the JPGs?

TIA.

ENV
    I believe the original files must have been deleted. you coud have gotten them had you restored the backup from the old phone. no other way. there is a workaround though, for the lockscreen... you can take a screenshot and transfer.
    other than that, if you do not have the file, it is next to impossible.

hope was able to help. :)
    01-08-2017 11:37 AM
    I believe the original files must have been deleted.
    I haven't wiped the old phone yet, so the pictures are still displaying. Where is the phone getting the image from if not from a JPG somewhere in the file system?
    01-08-2017 12:11 PM
    Are you using a hotmail account?
    If so, log in with the same email address on the new phone and sync your settings. You should get the same background picture.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2017 01:10 AM
    I haven't wiped the old phone yet, so the pictures are still displaying. Where is the phone getting the image from if not from a JPG somewhere in the file system?
    if the phone is showing it, but it is not inside, then the pictures have been backed up on one drive!
    01-12-2017 05:43 AM
    Already whacked the old phone (reformatted for younger son), and after checking her new phone's settings, realized she didn't have the "Backup Settings / Themes to OneDrive" checked! Oh well...Thanks for the tips though.
    01-12-2017 05:49 AM