I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been thinking of getting a touchscreen car stereo, combining it with a Raspberry Pi and programming it with Windows 10 Mobile or Tablet Mode. Has anyone ever done this or heard of anyone attempting this? I think it would be awesome to be able to access Groove, or even Pandora etc, straight from your car stereo, especially if you could add a sim card and connect it to a network. You wouldn't even need your phone to listen to music!

Any ideas?
    01-08-2017 05:24 PM
    just get a 8-10" atom tablet, install w10 on it, plug car AUX cable to tablet, place tablet somewhere= boom, upgraded to tesla model s/x
    daimv likes this.
    01-09-2017 02:35 AM
    I Bluetooth audio a lot from my phone to the car when I'm travelling for work, isn't that just as good? :) Well I guess it isn't really mounted... I normally do bring my own phone mount if I know I'll be driving the rental car a lot
    01-09-2017 04:40 PM
    It's a great idea, i'd just to go with Bluetooth 4.1 (or which is the latest now ) since the sound quality is better than analog AUX. Simple and it will work fine, and with a SIM it could be a real PC/Tablet experience, you can even use Windows maps as navigation etc...
    01-10-2017 04:34 AM
    I use my Asus tablet for a speedometer in my 30 year old Volvo.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-10-2017 10:13 AM
    I use HP Envy 8 Note in my car as a main head unit in my car to control my car, I even able to get control to all cameras that in my car to let record everything as a dash cam. Also, I could connect my Windows 10 Mobile to the tablet to do all what Apple car play could do. And more.
    gbm97 and EspHack like this.
    01-10-2017 06:32 PM