Windows Mobile for car stereo?

Brad Pedersen

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been thinking of getting a touchscreen car stereo, combining it with a Raspberry Pi and programming it with Windows 10 Mobile or Tablet Mode. Has anyone ever done this or heard of anyone attempting this? I think it would be awesome to be able to access Groove, or even Pandora etc, straight from your car stereo, especially if you could add a sim card and connect it to a network. You wouldn't even need your phone to listen to music!

Any ideas?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
just get a 8-10" atom tablet, install w10 on it, plug car AUX cable to tablet, place tablet somewhere= boom, upgraded to tesla model s/x

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I Bluetooth audio a lot from my phone to the car when I'm travelling for work, isn't that just as good? :) Well I guess it isn't really mounted... I normally do bring my own phone mount if I know I'll be driving the rental car a lot

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
It's a great idea, i'd just to go with Bluetooth 4.1 (or which is the latest now ) since the sound quality is better than analog AUX. Simple and it will work fine, and with a SIM it could be a real PC/Tablet experience, you can even use Windows maps as navigation etc...

MOBBAK

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I use HP Envy 8 Note in my car as a main head unit in my car to control my car, I even able to get control to all cameras that in my car to let record everything as a dash cam. Also, I could connect my Windows 10 Mobile to the tablet to do all what Apple car play could do. And more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes