Hi guys,

I've been testing around with a few Twitter clients (including the official one) for some time and can't seem to figure out how to setup banner notifications for new tweets of the people that I follow. All I get are mail notifications by the official app.

Is there a client that is capable of banner notifications? Would be great if you could share your experience with your favorite Twitter client and tell me, if that kind of notifications are available there.

Thanks in advance!
    Christian

Lumia 550
    Release Preview Ring (14393.693)
    01-13-2017 09:57 AM
    Originally posted by ChrischeHH
    Hi guys,

I've been testing around with a few Twitter clients (including the official one) for some time and can't seem to figure out how to setup banner notifications for new tweets of the people that I follow. All I get are mail notifications by the official app.

Is there a client that is capable of banner notifications? Would be great if you could share your experience with your favorite Twitter client and tell me, if that kind of notifications are available there.

Thanks in advance!
    Christian

Lumia 550
    Release Preview Ring (14393.693)
    From what I understand, none of the Twitter clients for Windows Phone are able to send notifications for those you have on your follow list.
    01-14-2017 04:33 PM
    Hi,

thanks for you reply!

That's a real shame. I am almost certain that there have been those notifications in the past. A fellow user in another thread hinted that his notification settings for Twitter disappeared after an OS update and haven't come back yet.

The fact that all other 3rd party clients seem to lack that functionality seems suspicious to me, too. So there is definitely something going on OS-wise.

I'll send a feedback @MSFT.

Best
    Christian
    01-16-2017 03:45 AM
    The old official Twitter app DID send follow notifications back when I was using WP 8.1, however, they made some changes to the app and that was one feature that was removed. I use text notifications for those I follow. You can set that up by going to the notification settings on Twitter from a desktop. They have been gradually improving the app and I'm hoping they add those notifications back.
    01-16-2017 11:10 AM