Windows 10 Mobile Edge browser

Zeeshan Mazhari

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who face problem with Edge browser. Lack of banking apps forces me to open banking site on my phone's browser, but those does not work at all. My wife uses Samsung S7 and her mobile's chrome browser is as good as PC's. What is the difference between Android's Google Chrome browser and my Lumia's 950 XL Windows 10 Edge browser?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who face problem with Edge browser. Lack of banking apps forces me to open banking site on my phone's browser, but those does not work at all. My wife uses Samsung S7 and her mobile's chrome browser is as good as PC's. What is the difference between Android's Google Chrome browser and my Lumia's 950 XL Windows 10 Edge browser?

that the bank made the site for chrome

you say hers' is as good as pc? that's ironic considering it is microsoft claiming their edge browser is "universal" but your experience shows that chrome is the real universal app here

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Try it in desktop mode, only problem it's rather small, you will probably have to make it bigger.

I see you have a 950 XL, I just tried it on a 950, an XL would help.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If I'm going to be honest, it's a horrible browser. While most of the time it is fine there are scenarios I come across where it is buggy and doesn't work properly. In a platform where apps are lacking MS should do everything to make the browsing experience perfect. I don't care if they pretend they are chrome and emulate some of the features, do it.

Your best bet is to just go while in continuum mode. That one works better but still gives problems with a lot of stuff.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine works perfectly for me, but my bank uses a Certificate type of verification + password.

Did you install a cerftificate or does your bank require a different thing to log in?

Zeeshan Mazhari

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine works perfectly for me, but my bank uses a Certificate type of verification + password.

Did you install a cerftificate or does your bank require a different thing to log in?

A certificate? Whats that? Where to get? and how to install?

My problem is that I can't even open the login page in desktop mode and on mobile mode it open login page but when I enter my credentials it comes back to login page and nothing happens.

Can you see at your end if you are able to open login page in desktop mode, the website is Home | DUBAI ISLAMIC BANK

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

My problem is that I can't even open the login page in desktop mode and on mobile mode it open login page but when I enter my credentials it comes back to login page and nothing happens.

Can you see at your end if you are able to open login page in desktop mode, the website is Home | DUBAI ISLAMIC BANK

Well the bank gives it to you, basically a .kdp file or other, which you import into Chrome, or install into Windows/Edge. It proves your identity so you can make a "digital signature" online on the sites that require that type of authentication. Ask your bank if they can provide you with a certificate type of verification.
As for the bank you use, I tried opening the login link, and it is a pop-up type of login. Make sure popups are allowed or you allow it when prompt. For me it worked to get to the credentials...

Zeeshan Mazhari

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Axeelant
Originally Posted by Zeeshan Mazhari

Well the bank gives it to you, basically a .kdp file or other, which you import into Chrome, or install into Windows/Edge. It proves your identity so you can make a "digital signature" online on the sites that require that type of authentication. Ask your bank if they can provide you with a certificate type of verification.
As for the bank you use, I tried opening the login link, and it is a pop-up type of login. Make sure popups are allowed or you allow it when prompt. For me it worked to get to the credentials...

This is very strange. Did you open the above website on your Lumia Phone? Because in my case, I am trying to open that website on my Lumia 950 XL Edge browser in Desktop mode, but when I click on Login, it is not opening up the login page and I couldn't find popup block option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)