W10M is dying right in front of my eyes :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It all comes down to "can the phones now do what you need", if they can't you have options. If they can your fine and life will go on!!

No matter how many people slap the panic button, I was here for the long haul, I am still here for the long haul, and I will stay for the long haul !!!

I am not as active and vocal as I was, but I am in no rush to dump out my use of Windows 10 for mobile.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I feel the platform needs Samsung and Nokia on board because those phones are popular and sell in high numbers, Alcatel is not what the masses want, HP x3 too expensive. Samsung and Nokia could give the platform a boost. Personally I would not buy an Alcatel but I would buy the HP x3 if far cheaper and proved to be stable.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I feel the platform needs Samsung and Nokia on board because those phones are popular and sell in high numbers, Alcatel is not what the masses want, HP x3 too expensive. Samsung and Nokia could give the platform a boost. Personally I would not buy an Alcatel but I would buy the HP x3 if far cheaper and proved to be stable.

Alcatel has the same image problems Hyundai had in the early 2000s. Great product but the public still had the perception of those Excel models from 1986.

Anyone who bypasses the Idol 4S because of preconceived notions regarding the brand is doing themselves a great disservice. You mentioned you would buy the x3 if it was more stable? That's the Idol.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Alcatel has the same image problems Hyundai had in the early 2000s. Great product but the public still had the perception of those Excel models from 1986.

Anyone who bypasses the Idol 4S because of preconceived notions regarding the brand is doing themselves a great disservice. You mentioned you would buy the x3 if it was more stable? That's the Idol.

And remember, there are several versions of the Idol now so it's getting into more hands. It is an exceptional device and being talked about in tech circles. If they keep producing products like this they will make a name for themselves.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Way too late for individuals to tweet Developers. That is not going to make any difference what so ever, MS have alienated customers and developer's alike.

It may very well make a difference. The only thing we can state with absolute certainty is that NOT petitioning developers WILL guarantee that petitions (that don't exist) will be unheard and therefore with certainty won't influence them.

And that's exactly my point when I mention that the negativity affects people's perceived options negatively. A self-fulfilling prophesy.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
It may very well make a difference. The only thing we can state with absolute certainty is that NOT petitioning developers WILL guarantee that petitions (that don't exist) will be unheard and therefore with certainty won't influence them.

And that's exactly my point when I mention that the negativity affects people's perceived options negatively. A self-fulfilling prophesy.

If you want to tweet developers by all means go ahead, I won't be wasting my time, it would take a tsunami of tweets to get a response Imo, developers community and word of mouth within that community regarding windows mobile platform is the biggest hurdle and problem because unless I am mistaken there seems to be a recent surge of apps stopping. Developers deciding to leave. Also for example, Facebook and Messenger two very big popular apps run terribly on this platform? Why? Our devices are powerful and plenty RAM yet we are looking at a lag delay of around 5-10 seconds average to get to a position where you can begin to type, this is not good enough.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I personally think anyone who is a Windows phone fan, who really loves Windows 10 on ALL platforms, will find a way to keep a "good working", "good looking" Windows Phone in their stable. I've got my 3 going on 4 year old, mint condition ICON in mine. I may well, probably will, ride this out with my ICON. If not there'll be SOMETHING available that's absolutely do-able. The app-gap has no effect on my needs and will continue so.

So, I'll go get stoned with y'all, but I won't be cryin' in my beer. And I WILL get stoned :winktongue:

Everyone who is here now will either leave and then come back later or just stay and deal. But I'm tellin' ya, NOTHIN' beats a stable :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15014.1000] Sportster :winktongue:
Even when I lose, I win.

paul87russell

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am a lumia 1520 user and sad to say, the windows 8 denim was far more responsive and snappy than the w10 update. And because of the ghost touch issue, I bought an android phone. I was an android user before switching to windows and i loved windows, but there is a lot of improvement in android now that amazed me. I hope that Microsoft can revitalize Windows mobile, but for now i'll stick to android as my primary phone.

MichalR

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I am a lumia 1520 user and sad to say, the windows 8 denim was far more responsive and snappy than the w10 update. And because of the ghost touch issue, I bought an android phone. I was an android user before switching to windows and i loved windows, but there is a lot of improvement in android now that amazed me. I hope that Microsoft can revitalize Windows mobile, but for now i'll stick to android as my primary phone.
Same with me. I was really surprised how Android evolved from crappy 2.x to mature 6.0. This is completely different OS now, fast, stable and easy to manage.

Alyeldiin

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
It's Microsoft so called Business approach. Sure, they'll keep updating the OS, but that's probably about it. I really should have switched to Android or iOS earlier, now I regret it because I don't have too much money atm and if I sell my Lumia 950 I will lose too much of what I paid. Hopefully things will improve by the time I have enough money to make me change my mind, after all I don't really want to switch.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am struggling to sell my 950, I use a very popular selling platform in UK called gumtree, normally after 5 days on sale I would have received 10 or 20 sms but I have not received a single sms, I bought the phone for £250 and can't sell it for £150, early days but not looking good. Been selling on gumtree for 6 years, never had this lack of response in all that time.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am struggling to sell my 950, I use a very popular selling platform in UK called gumtree, normally after 5 days on sale I would have received 10 or 20 sms but I have not received a single sms, I bought the phone for £250 and can't sell it for £150, early days but not looking good. Been selling on gumtree for 6 years, never had this lack of response in all that time.

Your price may be a tad high for a USED device.
Possibly knock it down to £120, you may then get a response.

Paisley Pirate

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Its the hit and miss aspects of the browser part of W10m that frustrate me the most. IN THEORY if you live where you can be 100% connected to the web all of the time, the browser stuff seems great - but if you travel out in the country where you can't get a signal at all - a lot of stuff dies off quick. This isn't just a windows thing - but if they could do a bit better on that than iOS or Android and let it be known that it works - they could gain at least a few folks...

Meanwhile, I feel like I'm riding down another roller coaster - like all tech platforms, they cycle up - and then they go away...

daniel stoian

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
The only major problem with this platform is stability ! I am an average consumer ( that part of the market which MS craps on) and honestly I like it ! It's easy to use and wonderful in design. But damn the performance. Even Microsoft's own apps breakdown, take ages to load ( when they do, if they do ) and seem to have no support. And from what I've read, Continuum is unusable for more than a few minutes no matter what device you use it with. Seems to me that those in charge of this platform are completely out of touch with reality. Ok ! This is mainly an enterprise thing, business oriented. Who gives a damn about emojis anyway and pokemon. And I would gladly use Edge shortcuts and Favorites Bar instead of apps. But how can one do that without performance and stability ?! Very disappointed with MS at the lack of professionalism and respect for its customers !

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The only major problem with this platform is stability ! I am an average consumer ( that part of the market which MS craps on) and honestly I like it ! It's easy to use and wonderful in design. But damn the performance. Even Microsoft's own apps breakdown, take ages to load ( when they do, if they do ) and seem to have no support. And from what I've read, Continuum is unusable for more than a few minutes no matter what device you use it with. Seems to me that those in charge of this platform are completely out of touch with reality. Ok ! This is mainly an enterprise thing, business oriented. Who gives a damn about emojis anyway and pokemon. And I would gladly use Edge shortcuts and Favorites Bar instead of apps. But how can one do that without performance and stability ?! Very disappointed with MS at the lack of professionalism and respect for its customers !

Which phone?

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
now I regret it because I don't have too much money atm and if I sell my Lumia 950 I will lose too much of what I paid.

Be careful. Selling the 950 and buying a xiaomi redmi 3s (150€) could give you an improved experience overall. It's more stable, easier to use, has better battery and all the apps. Of course there is the hardware downgrade, but sometimes just switching is better than sticking.
Living without frustration has higher value than a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb