W10M is dying right in front of my eyes :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Just watch the money people. The latest quarterly reports is Phone has lost over 80% year over year. Just stop with the windows phone convo. No company can continue with that type of revenue loss. Move on

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just watch the money people. The latest quarterly reports is Phone has lost over 80% year over year. Just stop with the windows phone convo. No company can continue with that type of revenue loss. Move on
"Informed Diatribe."

Kinda short for a diatribe... :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15014.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Sure, because they haven't been focusing on mobile as I understand it. They are designing their platform, which will include mobile. It's a completely different approach, and it doesn't mean their phone business will be abandoned.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
That comparison is useless because MS don't Manufacture new Lumias, they have been clearing stock, so as a result of clearing stock and very little stock being left the 80% reduction is a direct result. The following Q reports will be even higher. These figures don't include Alcatel and HP etc, as I was researching these figures only last night.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
That comparison is useless because MS don't Manufacture new Lumias, they have been clearing stock, so as a result of clearing stock and very little stock being left the 80% reduction is a direct result. The following Q reports will be even higher. These figures don't include Alcatel and HP etc, as I was researching these figures only last night.

Good point. Would like to know how sales of those phones are doing.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So Windows Phones DO have a future?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I don't know, depends I suppose on the deal between Alcatel and Hp etc,, Their sales figures would be interesting, Windows phones might have a future but I stick by my previous opinion and previous posts, I don't want to labour the point any further.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't know, depends I suppose on the deal between Alcatel and Hp etc,, Their sales figures would be interesting, Windows phones might have a future but I stick by my previous opinion and previous posts, I don't want to labour the point any further.
This whole thread seems to be a labor of your point.

"Off Topic" How did Evernote work out for you? I actually deleted all my OneNote apps. The Evernote updates are instantaneous! :excited:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Sure, because they haven't been focusing on mobile as I understand it. They are designing their platform, which will include mobile. It's a completely different approach, and it doesn't mean their phone business will be abandoned.

You can keep saying this 'til you're blue in the face, just like MS officials can, and it won't change perception of reality one bit. Unfortunately.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Of course they do. They cease to have a future when they cease to work and support ceases. As long as MS is putting out updates to the OS and the phone doesn't literally give up on you (i.e. in terms of hardware) the phone works, and thus has a future.

It doesn't even matter if MS' focus is on developing the various technologies that underlie mobile rather than develop mobile directly, mobile still benefits and "lives".

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Using that logic, since Google made 0 dollars on their phones before the Pixel, Android was dead before 2016.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
This whole thread seems to be a labor of your point.

"Off Topic" How did Evernote work out for you? I actually deleted all my OneNote apps. The Evernote updates are instantaneous! :excited:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
I will give you a laugh here but it is true, just as I was beginning to FULLY depend on Evernote (and trust me that App is magnificent and super quick), OneNote begun to work for me, I was keeping a daily "experiment" going and trying to force sync it several times a day, it just suddenly became very very good and it has remained stable and reliable for 2 weeks or so, I never fully understood what the issue was except that info was going TO the server ok but NOT from it!?
I have not used Evernote for 2 weeks now and a simple 10 mins of copy and pasting everything into OneNote swapped it all across.
So far so good. :)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
You can keep saying this 'til you're blue in the face, just like MS officials can, and it won't change perception of reality one bit. Unfortunately.

That's the problem with perception, ir doesn't necessarily represent reality.

All I do know is this:
They are continuously updating the OS.
I just purchased a recently released (just a few weeks ago) Windows phone and it's awesome.
The OS fulfills all my needs.
MS isn't in danger of going out of business anytime soon.

If the rumored Surface phone is released, or anything like it, it can be a game changer. I fully understand we all have different needs and wants. That's why it's nice to have a variety of OS's. I will continue to use W10 both on my phone and my laptop. That's all the reality i need.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Of course they do. They cease to have a future when they cease to work and support ceases. As long as MS is putting out updates to the OS and the phone doesn't literally give up on you (i.e. in terms of hardware) the phone works, and thus has a future.

It doesn't even matter if MS' focus is on developing the various technologies that underlie mobile rather than develop mobile directly, mobile still benefits and "lives".

Well said.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I will give you a laugh here but it is true, just as I was beginning to FULLY depend on Evernote (and trust me that App is magnificent and super quick), OneNote begun to work for me, I was keeping a daily "experiment" going and trying to force sync it several times a day, it just suddenly became very very good and it has remained stable and reliable for 2 weeks or so, I never fully understood what the issue was except that info was going TO the server ok but NOT from it!?
I have not used Evernote for 2 weeks now and a simple 10 mins of copy and pasting everything into OneNote swapped it all across.

I had a similar experience. Having trouble syncing across devices then, a couple of weeks ago, it starts working like a charm! One happy dude.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Well, Shoot! I'll try OneNote again. In all actuality, feature for feature, OneNote's got it all over EVERYTHING!!!! I'm GLAD I Asked. :excited:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, Shoot! I'll try OneNote again. In all actuality, feature for feature, OneNote's got it all over EVERYTHING!!!! I'm GLAD I Asked. :excited:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
I think to be fair I will do a follow-up report on it tomorrow. It is a very handy tool for daily use, ALL my devices are ALL syncing.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think to be fair I will do a follow-up report on it tomorrow. It is a very handy tool for daily use, ALL my devices are ALL syncing.
Oh, I'm gonna' go inch by inch. I don't want to give up what I got. :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You seem to forget Microsoft no longer manufactures phones. It's pretty difficult to make money on something you haven't got to sell. I'm surprised the figure isn't higher. Those numbers, by the way, mean nothing. If Microsoft had 5 phones in stock and only sold 1 YOY, there's your 80% drop. Likewise, if Microsoft has 1 phone in stock and builds 2 more will you sing their praises for a 200% increase YOY?

nileshg19

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I do like my phone but the app gap is beginning to bug me, I am trying to remain optimistic but running out of patience, its really sad tbh, what really annoyed me was some recent camera instability, I have been recording exercise videos (weight lifting) documenting my progress and in recent days on 2 separate occasions I have pressed record, the video begins to record and when I go back to the phone the flash is still ON but at the phone homepage/live tiles and NO recorded video. This is making me loose confidence in my phones greatest feature.
Don't see what world has, see what you need. I have been a happy shifter from Android to W10M on lumia 650. When I was on android I had lot of apps, but what I used was very less. I mean the ratio was not justified. And the laggs and hangs of android pissed me a lot. See you buy whichever android phone, its gonna be lame and laggy after a year and half. It's not the same with windows mobile. Yeah there are some adjustments here and there but it's ok at least its not buggy and laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte