W10M is dying right in front of my eyes :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't see what world has, see what you need. I have been a happy shifter from Android to W10M on lumia 650. When I was on android I had lot of apps, but what I used was very less. I mean the ratio was not justified. And the laggs and hangs of android pissed me a lot. See you buy whichever android phone, its gonna be lame and laggy after a year and half. It's not the same with windows mobile. Yeah there are some adjustments here and there but it's ok at least its not buggy and laggy.
You must have a special L650 because Windows Mobile does lag and can be buggy at times. Not always and not simultaneously but it does happen. But that doesn't mean that Windows is alone, they ALL lag at some point and they're ALL buggy at times too.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 on mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh by the way, I'm back. Flying home from DC on Thursday I almost flung an iPhone from 34,000'. Using GoGo to try contacting the missus was an exercise in blood pressure control. Constant freezing with the phone app, Skype was useless and only BBM calling worked. Five minutes at a time but it worked. I have OneDrive set to auto-upload pictures but that's not the case. Office365 refuses to show my company directory and Cortana shows package tracking whenever she's good and ready. The next person who says Microsoft apps work better on other platforms will experience my full wrath.

I will be happy to carry an iPad Mini for the odd app Windows doesn't have.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 on mTalk

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Don't see what world has, see what you need. I have been a happy shifter from Android to W10M on lumia 650. When I was on android I had lot of apps, but what I used was very less. I mean the ratio was not justified. And the laggs and hangs of android pissed me a lot. See you buy whichever android phone, its gonna be lame and laggy after a year and half. It's not the same with windows mobile. Yeah there are some adjustments here and there but it's ok at least its not buggy and laggy.

Totally disagree with this nonsense, Android does not lag after a years use, its up to the user to do a bit of "clutter management" and keep the device running smoothly. Clearing Cache and Dalvik cache normally does the job.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Totally disagree with this nonsense, Android does not lag after a years use, its up to the user to do a bit of "clutter management" and keep the device running smoothly. Clearing Cache and Dalvik cache normally does the job.

Android certainly does not lag like it had previously, but it's not perfect like some like to think. If you like to tinker, it can work quite well. Every platform has its issues. Pick the one that irritates you the least. 😀

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Outside of us who follow tech sites, how many average Joes know how to clear their cache or Dalvik? How many Androids have the ability to even access recovery without root or unlocked bootloaders to install TWRP?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Outside of us who follow tech sites, how many average Joes know how to clear their cache or Dalvik? How many Androids have the ability to even access recovery without root or unlocked bootloaders to install TWRP?
Great point. That's why I always say Android is for people who like to tinker. You have to have at least a little knowledge or you can become frustrated.
IPhone on the other hand works one way right out of the box. Perfect for someone like my wife who doesn't want to learn about smartphones. Just wants to pick it up, use an app, and have a good experience. If something is wrong she has me, or the genius bar. Apple has the best Support bar none and it's what keeps people coming back, a consistent experience.
I think Windows phone is somewhere in the middle. Will be interesting to see how it develops.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
That is True, my Androids have always been unlocked/Rooted, But still, they don't just suddenly begin to slow down,but if you overload anything with apps or programs they will suffer to some degree. Its unfair to suggest an Android slows down due to some sort of technical issue. (Lame / Laggy) I suspect what the OP meant was Lame/Laggy compared to a brand new (current) device.

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So you did or did not do the hard reset?

EDIT>>>>> Did ya? Did ya?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15014.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

I did no hard-reset since it won't change anything. It would be waste of time. MS is wrong again. Turning it off and on again did the trick: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8

--hfrmobile

Sent from mTalk

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's OK that W10m is dying, a new platform will arise. Soon(tm).

I'm actually looking forward to running Win10 on ARM on a phone. I've always wanted OneDrive to keep files in sync on my phone as well, and I'm hoping W10A will allow that. I'm also very much looking to extensions on Edge, which I assume will be enabled once W10A arrives. It might be enough for me to ignore the lack of Google Maps/Waze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo