WhatsApp backup from Onedrive problems

h3n4

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello all!

I tried to search for this issue but couldn't find answers. I did find some general tutorials but they didn't help at all.

I bought a new Lumia 950XL to replace my old Lumia 930. Everything is running the latest W10M build. All is well except my Whatsapp that I tried to backup on my old phone to Onedrive to restore on the new phone. I can see I have the backup file on my Onedrive but the new phone and Whatsapp can't find the backup to restore my chats. I only get some local backup that restores like 3 messages and that's not good enough.

What can I do? Please help!

-Henri

h3n4

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Also, I downloaded the backup file from Onedrive to my computer and tried to move it to the phone manually. Is there another way to move the backup file to the phone so the Whatsapp app recognises it?

h3n4

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Welp, so it seems. I got the full backup restored from OneDrive on my old phone. Not working on my new one, though... Pity.

Thanks anyway! =)

Issam Drina

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello
i switch from android to windows phone (Lumia 930)
is it possible to backup whatsapp's chat from Google Drive to OneDrive?
Or Google Drive directly to my Windows phone?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to quickly talk about my experience with WhatsApp and OneDrive. I have tried to restore my backup twice on the same phone and once on a separate phone. It worked flawlessly 2/3 times, once on the same phone and once on the separate phone.

I am not sure what went wrong that one time. The only thing that was different is that I had changed my number in between. Maybe that is what broke the backup. I don't know. But all I'm trying to say is that it works, and is not really tied to the phone.

On a different note, it is not possible to restore backups from a different platform. This may have changed lately, but I am not aware of such a change.

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Dear h3n4, I'm having similar problem, with two WhatsApp accounts, my friend's account and mine, when going from Alcatel Idol 4S to HP Elite X3. And I wanted to see if I could figure it out, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Whatsapp, and it can't find my backup. How horrible. Help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb