Unable to restore backup on Lumia 950 after hard reset.

Tkukucka

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi y'all,

I've had to reset my Lumia 950 dual sim due to some performance issues I've been having. After I reset it and I signed in with Microsoft acount and the phone skipped the option of allowing me to choose a backup to restore. I thought how odd, so I reset it again to no avail. I must've done it 4 times before trying again on a new Lumia 650 to again have the same issue. I suspect it's something to do with my Microsoft acount, anyone ever experience an issue like this before?

NinjaWayne

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar issue on my Elite X3. I couldn't restore to the X3, however I was able to restore an X3 backup to a 950XL.

Like you I did try to restore to a different phone (Lumia 640) but I had the same problem. Not too sure why at this stage.

I was also starting to notice other issue with my phone however: Disconnecting my phone from a dock could cause my phone to lock up and reset itself. After disconnecting headphones sometimes the phone wouldn't recognise they were gone and wouldn't output audio through the speakers. When trying to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool it was unable to determine my current firmware version.

I eventually bit the bullet and contacted HP support who are now going to replace my device. I should be receiving the new device today I will let you know if the new device has the same problem.

Tkukucka

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply yea this issue really has me intrigued been a Windows phone user sense 2012 this issue has me thinking that's for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre