Package Tracker app stopped tracking

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Expect to see this more often from now on. Even the most supportive windows developers are abandoning Windows Phone, and UWP has done absolutely nothing to bring new developers on board.
You gotta feel for Microsoft. I mean who would have thought that developers might leave if you tell them you have given up on mobile?!

Yes, I'm still upset, and I will stay upset with them until the launch of the Surface Phone.. :angry:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, they could have always upped it to a UWP app and opened up the app to the tablet/PC market, with mobile still continuing to work.

I've updated most of my apps to UWP and seen a noticeable uptick in downloads.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep ... Package Tracker by ITECTURE.consulting is not connecting. I've got 2 packages on the way as of today and Package Tracker is not connecting. :-/. I really need those push notifications.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It would be great if developers would either port to UWP, or open source it so that others can make the UWP. I understand that developing is not a charity though.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I like the way it works in Cortana. And sometimes I get a notification from her before I get the text message from the building I live in.

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I like the way it works in Cortana. And sometimes I get a notification from her before I get the text message from the building I live in.

You get notifications from Cortana about package updates and/or deliveries? If so, how do you enable that option, specifically? I know how to add packages to Cortana but I've never gotten a notification from her about a package update of any kind.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You get notifications from Cortana about package updates and/or deliveries? If so, how do you enable that option, specifically? I know how to add packages to Cortana but I've never gotten a notification from her about a package update of any kind.

I've never received any audible/visual delivery notifications from Cortana ever either. No text ... nothing. On Production build all my devices

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've never received any audible/visual delivery notifications from Cortana ever either. No text ... nothing. On Production build all my devices

I'm guessing that maybe digitaldd puts in the package numbers manually in Cortana (notebook->packages)? This whole thing is new to me.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm guessing that maybe digitaldd puts in the package numbers manually in Cortana (notebook->packages)? This whole thing is new to me.

That's what I started doing recently, it doesn't work every time. What seems to happen is I get the Cortana chime but no notification on the phone then I open Cortana and see an update to the package status. I liked my old method better though, i would bing the tracking numbers and Cortana would ask if i wanted to track the package rather than having to input it manually (which is problematic with Amazon since they send you the tracking number before the item has reached their warehouse).

mx77

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
The developr of this app had said words of wisdom:
In my opinion Microsoft has no strategy to make the Windows phone platform attractive for the consumers although it's a really good platform in comparison to the competitors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb