02-07-2017 08:08 AM
33 12
tools
    I am getting nothing but error messages as of this morning. I know this app was pulled from the store, but had been working just fine for me. Is this app still working for anyone else?
    01-29-2017 08:36 AM
    Originally posted by Player Piano
    I am getting nothing but error messages as of this morning. I know this app was pulled from the store, but had been working just fine for me. Is this app still working for anyone else?
    Noticed this too, it was one of the apps I rely on daily (and paid for). It hasn't been updated for a while, but its sad to see that the server has been shut off.

Expect to see this more often from now on. Even the most supportive windows developers are abandoning Windows Phone, and UWP has done absolutely nothing to bring new developers on board.
    theefman, Player Piano and Joe920 like this.
    01-29-2017 08:54 AM
    Noticed this too, it was one of the apps I rely on daily (and paid for). It hasn't been updated for a while, but its sad to see that the server has been shut off.

Expect to see this more often from now on. Even the most supportive windows developers are abandoning Windows Phone, and UWP has done absolutely nothing to bring new developers on board.
    I think I am also up for a retrenchment from Windows Mobile hardware.
    Joe920 likes this.
    01-29-2017 09:32 AM
    Noticed this last week. I've used this app for years, and it's sad to see it go.
    Player Piano and aximtreo like this.
    01-29-2017 09:32 AM
    Originally posted by Scienceguy Labs
    Noticed this last week. I've used this app for years, and it's sad to see it go.
    Mine is not synch'ng anymore since yesterday. Hate to see this go, it has been reliable for many many years.
    I hope they are working on a new version for Win10.
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-29-2017 10:52 PM
    What features does the package tracker app have that Cortana doesn't?
    libra89 and digitaldd like this.
    01-30-2017 09:41 AM
    What features does the package tracker app have that Cortana doesn't?
    I don't know I don't use Cortana.
    01-30-2017 11:09 AM
    Just came here to post that it won't sync for me either. I sent them an e-mail yesterday regarding the problem. Hopefully I hear something back.

Re: this vs Cortana - To my knowledge, Cortana does not send push notifications for package updates.
    01-30-2017 11:42 AM
    Mine stopped synching on Saturday. I've emailed them twice and have gotten no response. So sad to see this app go. It's one I used daily.
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-30-2017 01:46 PM
    Mine stopped synching on Saturday. I've emailed them twice and have gotten no response. So sad to see this app go. It's one I used daily.
    Yes, I also used to use this app regularly. At least we still have 17track, for now.
    01-30-2017 02:06 PM
    I stopped using it when Cortana got the functionality, but it is disappointing if it is done.
    Joe920, digitaldd and libra89 like this.
    01-30-2017 02:34 PM
    Noooo! This app was the best!!!! I guess I'll have to try Cortana, but as someone said, if Cortana doesn't do push notifications for package tracking, then what's the point?

The push notifications and live tile for Package Tracker made it an amazing app. I happily paid for this app and have used it for both personal and my company's use.
    01-30-2017 07:58 PM
    There is another app in the store called "PackageTracker". The name is similar (no space), and it does similar things although the UI looks different. So far, the trial version seems to work as well. Waiting for a status update to see if the push notification will work as well.
    01-30-2017 08:53 PM
    There is another app in the store called "PackageTracker". The name is similar (no space), and it does similar things although the UI looks different. So far, the trial version seems to work as well. Waiting for a status update to see if the push notification will work as well.
    Yeah, I did see that one too. I have used 17track in the past and that one works pretty good, also with push notifications too if my memory serves me well. The old Package Tracker (with the space) was one of my favorites. It was so easy to use especially when scanning the bar codes.
    01-30-2017 09:20 PM
    Very simple. Because of stupid MSFT regional restrictions in my region Cortana simply don't work.
    01-31-2017 04:39 AM
    Unfortunately it's only for mobile. PT worked in all devices and it was huge advantage.
    01-31-2017 04:44 AM
    Are you posting about Package Tracker from ITECTURE.consulting or another one?
    01-31-2017 05:10 AM
    I wondered about that bit of his post as well. The app is still available for download, at least in the US store

Package Tracker - Windows Store
    01-31-2017 09:03 AM
    I wondered about that bit of his post as well. The app is still available for download, at least in the US store

Package Tracker - Windows Store
    Please see the title of the thread. I can download the app from my app library, but for me the app no longer tracks packages. I started this thread to see if it is a common problem or my device specifically. I am referring to the old ITECTURE consulting version.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    01-31-2017 09:13 AM
    I know this app was pulled from the store, but had been working just fine for me.
    This was the confusing part. That's why he asked and that's why I questioned it as well. Thanks for the clarification though.
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-31-2017 09:15 AM
    You gotta feel for Microsoft. I mean who would have thought that developers might leave if you tell them you have given up on mobile?!

Yes, I'm still upset, and I will stay upset with them until the launch of the Surface Phone..
    Player Piano and libra89 like this.
    01-31-2017 11:48 AM
    Well, they could have always upped it to a UWP app and opened up the app to the tablet/PC market, with mobile still continuing to work.

I've updated most of my apps to UWP and seen a noticeable uptick in downloads.
    Joe920 likes this.
    01-31-2017 03:13 PM
    Yep ... Package Tracker by ITECTURE.consulting is not connecting. I've got 2 packages on the way as of today and Package Tracker is not connecting. :-/. I really need those push notifications.
    Player Piano and libra89 like this.
    01-31-2017 04:29 PM
    It would be great if developers would either port to UWP, or open source it so that others can make the UWP. I understand that developing is not a charity though.
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-31-2017 05:22 PM
    How much does it cost to keep the server up and running? This app was the best and I can't find another to replace it yet.
    Player Piano likes this.
    01-31-2017 10:27 PM
33 12