Skype Preview - what's to come?

ChrischeHH

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

since Skype Preview is available for PC and Mobile for quite a while now, I was wondering if the Skype team ever announced a release date for the "v1.0" of the app (I know there is no final version). I remember a feedback in the Feedback Hub which asked for a transparent Skype Preview live tile which was marked with "we are working on it".

Have you guys heard anything about it?

Cheers
Christian

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I had a strange problem in skype preview! Front camera not working during skype call :( what. To do ! I did hard reset but problem stays! My device is Lumia 540, phone is currently running on official build 693

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
they have been "working" on it for months and have released several updates with nothing in it, and just today they made another update, and guess what, now the enter key inserts a line instead of sending the message and there's no way to disable it like on fb messenger or whatsapp, there was some feedback from people wanting that behavior, and some responses asking for it to be optional or not do it at all, and yet, thats what they do

I dont see the point in taking feedback like this, same thing they did with onedrive, user group B asks for X feature to be a certain way while group A asks for it to work the other way around, and they listen to one without making both options available, then group A which previously was happy with the way it worked now has to go and complain until forever for it to get the functionality back

ChrischeHH

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Funny how things turn out sometimes. With the latest update (yesterday, Release Preview), Skype Preview now shows the real number of unread messages in both the Lock Screen and the live tile. Only one more step to the transparent live tile :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6