Don't you think Windows camera needs to upgrade?

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
At one time Windows Phone known for its best Lumia camera! After upgrading to windows 10 that Lumia era gone now windows camera which is terrible bad in low light! I

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Your statement isn't really a fair one.
Phones with native W10M, have the camera experience affected differently over phones that shipped with 8.1. I agree about the quality of photos on those phones that don't have native W10M.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
At one time Windows Phone known for its best Lumia camera! After upgrading to windows 10 that Lumia era gone now windows camera which is terrible bad in low light! I

The 950/950XL has one of the best cameras on any phone on the market right now. But as libra89 said, the original 8.1 phones did lose photo quality with the update to 10

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Faisal Islam2

Which handset are you using?

You can get similar results to 8.1 if you use third party camera apps. For example, 'Camera360 Sight' uses the original WP8.1 processing methods if installed on a phone which was originally on 8.1. It doesn't work for handsets which shipped with W10M though (photo quality is the same as the W10M Camera app on those handsets).

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I think it's the changes in the auto mode algorithm that have reduced quality in older phones. I have a Lumia 720, and it still gives many phones a run for their money in low light photography, but (after windows 10) only when I use it in pro mode. The auto mode is just too grainy now to use.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

I remember when the Lumia 1020 launched locally for me, there were so many adverts about parents watching their children on stage but they looked so small because [you] were so far away. But if you had the Lumia 1020 with you, you could zoom in for days and see them 'clearly'. I almost bought one because of this. It got a fairly decent score of 74 on dxomark

I think the 950 was definitely an improvement in the camera department. It has a very decent f/1.9, 26mm lens. I know software does play a big role but it has got potential :)

GN_Will

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
The latest changes made to the camera app look fine for me, although the Windows phone 10 upgrade does affect the picture quality on some phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa