Unusual Outlook Behavior

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've never had this problem nor have I heard about it from anyone else. I have 3 email accounts and I keep each one pinned to the start screen for obvious reasons. For the past couple of days whenever I open any of them a different account pops up. For example, if I open my Exchange account my Gmail populates the screen or my Live account. This happens with any of the tiles and rarely does the right one open. I've deleted my accounts and started again from scratch, soft reset, hard reset, consulted a voodoo priest and even resorted to physical violence but to no avail. I'm not on any Insider build btw.

Edit: Forgot to mention that all 3 tiles show the same notification at the same time so it's easy to know which account is going to open regardless of what tile I hit.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've never had this problem nor have I heard about it from anyone else. I have 3 email accounts and I keep each one pinned to the start screen for obvious reasons. For the past couple of days whenever I open any of them a different account pops up. For example, if I open my Exchange account my Gmail populates the screen or my Live account. This happens with any of the tiles and rarely does the right one open. I've deleted my accounts and started again from scratch, soft reset, hard reset, consulted a voodoo priest and even resorted to physical violence but to no avail. I'm not on any Insider build btw.

Edit: Forgot to mention that all 3 tiles show the same notification at the same time so it's easy to know which account is going to open regardless of what tile I hit.

I'm surprised you noticed this now - I've been seeing it for a couple of months

What I believe happens is if you open your gmail account and then close the window, the next time you open any email account, it opens the gmail since that was the last one that was open. So every time you open any email account, the one that was open previously will be shown first

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised you noticed this now - I've been seeing it for a couple of months

What I believe happens is if you open your gmail account and then close the window, the next time you open any email account, it opens the gmail since that was the last one that was open. So every time you open any email account, the one that was open previously will be shown first

I've never seen this before. I think I would've noticed the same notification on all my tiles at the same time.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
SOLVED!!!!!

I removed the "Outlook Mail" tile and went to settings>accounts and pinned each account individually. Now each tile shows which account is associated with it. Whose idea this was is beyond me. I can't comment any further without risking a permaban due to language.

Sent from my Banana Yellow Lumia 1520 via mTalk

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
SOLVED!!!!!

I removed the "Outlook Mail" tile and went to settings>accounts and pinned each account individually. Now each tile shows which account is associated with it. Whose idea this was is beyond me. I can't comment any further without risking a permaban due to language.

Sent from my Banana Yellow Lumia 1520 via mTalk

This is what I have done since day 1, no problems.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have done since day 1, no problems.
Upon further investigation, it seems there is a disconnect with Outlook when migrating from 8.1. I reverted to Denim via WDRT then added my 365 and Gmail accounts and worked my way back to Threshold . It was at this point that the problem manifested itself since it was working perfectly on 8.1. Anyhoo, it's over and done with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa