A question for the ages.......

chris_t

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Probably yes, probably not. Just live the moment. And at this right moment, W10m offers me exactly what I need.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Can't answer that, as that is kind of a loaded question.

Use what you like and what you want until it doesn't work for you :) I have them all but I really like how unique Windows Phone/Mobile is.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If it makes you happy then there is nothing moronic about it. As much as I like tech - calm - it's still just a phone. People are way too judgmental about glass and plastic.

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
It is not a question of being morons or not, it's what we get from this platform. We stick with the platform because it provides us with something no other platform provides(for me it's the amazing UX). It may seem stupid to people who don't value this aspects as much as we do, but for us it makes sense. And despite lack of apps and support, that still remains true. The moment it is no longer true, we will jump of to another OS. MS is not my wife :)

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It's just a phone, its just an OS.. and labeling yourself based on whatever gadget you use... that's..

.... !!!

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I think it depends, are you using your device just for loyalty or because it suits you? being loyal to a piece of tech in days when tech is evolving and changing this fast you are screwing yourself.

But if you are using what you like and helps you, nobody will "hurt" you :p

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Are we all morons for sticking with W10 mobile and is Microsoft going to screw us in the end?

Having had at least a few months on iOS and several on Android, I can safely say that anyone and everyone will be missing out on something. Those who do not use iOS are missing out on 3D touch and the universal clipboard. Those who aren't using Android are missing out on a lot of customization potential. Those who do not use WP/WM are missing out on live tiles and cross platform notification with another Windows machine (among other things) which is still the prevalent OS for PCs. Those who did not use Blackberry missed out on a secure device with a physical keyboard on a flagship (Sorry, team BB, that's all I got).

Long story short. As long as you made the conscious decision to give up whatever the other platform offers because you gave another feature priority, then no, you are not a moron.
If, however, you just followed the crowd and ended up regretting it, like my old boss did, then maybe.

As far as MS screwing anyone. I personally am not happy with the way they handled or managed their mobile devices. They missed several tricks that could have shot them to the top the way Samsung did. But speaking for myself, I cannot say that they screwed anyone. They never announced anything they reneged on as far as we, the users, are concerned. And as far as retrenching, we have been told of this quite the while ago. I'm still here. You're still here. The OS is still here (for now).

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My feeling is Microsoft recognized it won't make inroads in this market as it is right now. So its going to buy time until they can put something on the market. I suspect they are going to keep developing for the existing phones for now. We went from the end of 2015 to waiting until 2016. 2016 showed up then it was pushed to 2017. Now its pushed to 2018. Based on this history, what do you think you'll hear in 2018? 2020? 2021? Personally, I have yet to hear Microsoft officially cop to the idea of a Surface phone let alone an actual device. Its a tough market and its quite saturated.

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
You are absolutely right. But as long as they didn't officially announce, say, the surface phone, then they don't really owe use one. The retrenchment was a warning sign for all of us, and as long as the phones still serve their purpose, there is nothing wrong with what we are doing, or with what they are doing.

That is why I am not happy, but I prefer it over the alternatives for the time being.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I was in high school, I was the only one out of 600 students who used a fountain pen for my notes unlike the rest who used biros or gel pens - I was different but I had my reasons and it was own choice - it got the job done. So even if you're the only person in the neighbourhood with a windows mobile device, you have your reasons why you use it - stick with that

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Probably yes, probably not. Just live the moment. And at this right moment, W10m offers me exactly what I need.

This.

Of course, there is a very, very, very small chance Windows Phone could have the last laugh. Not sure how, but stranger things have happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac