05-08-2017 10:42 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    Facebook launched in 2004 Worldwide, there are over 1.86 billion monthly active Facebook users. They have had more than enough time to make a decent app.On this platform I am a second class citizen. When I buy a smartphone it has to last 2 years I am not Satya Nadella I don't have his money I have to go for the best investment. I can not risk buying another Windows phone the outlook is too bleak.
    aximtreo and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    02-08-2017 11:24 AM
    It's amazing I uninstalled Facebook and Twitter (from my Android) years ago, only use an outdated version of Instagram because it's the only way to post there, I use the desktop version of the uninstalled and works pretty well, maybe uncomfortable for most but ok for me.

But I think it depends of the needs of each of us, there are Android phones for $50 which has everything you need.
    02-08-2017 03:23 PM
    Hard to believe someone would move to one platform from another over a FB app, but, to each his own I guess.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    aximtreo and Kot Prada like this.
    02-08-2017 06:25 PM
    lol calm down comrade, you bought a wp in 2017, im sure you will stay
    02-08-2017 06:47 PM
    Expecting from Facebook to make a decent app for us, while their app for other platforms is pretty bad too... They don't care about their apps because they think people will use them anyway. You should hope for third party Facebook apps, including some app made by Microsoft.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone
    02-08-2017 07:05 PM
    Hard to believe someone would move to one platform from another over a FB app, but, to each his own I guess.

Its not just the FB app it is the 1000 other apps I could use but can't because they are not on our platform. We don't have many unique apps they all went to the other platforms. The apps that are available on the other platforms usually have more functions as well. Listen people we are talking about MS the biggest software company in the world just sticking it to us, not caring at all about their own platform.
    02-08-2017 08:04 PM
    Really its true! People will move from windows 10 mobile because that worst ios ported facebook app! It's terribly slow , less feature & outdated! Year gone no calling feature on messenger for windows 10 mobile ! And both Facebook & messenger apps crashes frequently! Moreover you need 2GB ram to run this on your phone , as if we are playing a high end mobile game ! Facebook developers are the real hindrance for windows 10 mobile growth
    Another thing my wife mentioned the other day that I never thought about. That my daughter can copy FB video to whats app on her Android phone but she doesn't know how to do it on her windows phone if it is even possible.
    02-08-2017 08:13 PM
    Its not just the FB app it is the 1000 other apps I could use but can't because they are not on our platform. We don't have many unique apps they all went to the other platforms. The apps that are available on the other platforms usually have more functions as well. Listen people we are talking about MS the biggest software company in the world just sticking it to us, not caring at all about their own platform.
    The title of your thread was referring to FB being the reason everyone is going to leave WP, not the 1000 other apps you can't live without.

aximtreo likes this.
    02-08-2017 08:31 PM
    Even more of a reason that the apps we do have should work great. MS shouldn't have let that app in the store
    02-08-2017 10:22 PM
    Expecting from Facebook to make a decent app for us, while their app for other platforms is pretty bad too... They don't care about their apps because they think people will use them anyway. You should hope for third party Facebook apps, including some app made by Microsoft.

The apps on other platforms are getting new updates frequently. They update the app on w10m once every 4 months and even still it's outdated. That's poor developer support

Sent from Idol 4s
    02-08-2017 10:49 PM
    While I stayed away from FB most of last year, I've been paying more attention recently.

The Astoria ported app starts slow but seems to work as well as the native app on my SGS6.

Sent from mTalk
    02-08-2017 11:10 PM
    Another thing my wife mentioned the other day that I never thought about. That my daughter can copy FB video to whats app on her Android phone but she doesn't know how to do it on her windows phone if it is even possible.
    By copy you mean save/download the facebook video to the phone and send it via whatsapp?
    02-08-2017 11:29 PM
    We have many many reasons. Instagram, Photosynth, banking apps. WP is complete disappointment. They don't love their job and they don't have will. They don't mind satisfying people or becoming a leader platform.

Year is 2017 and many years passed since WP has born but we don't even have an official, stabel and working Instagram App. Can you imagine that? Unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE!
    02-09-2017 01:43 AM
    It's definitely not about 1000 apps. There are only few apps which are mostly used, with Facebook, Instagram, etc. being such.

When I see somebody asking for a phone they would mostly say "I would need it for Viber/WhatsApp, Facebook, and maybe Instagram"... There are tons of people who don't need more, and so wouldn't use more than this. Heck, they're are so many people so would actually enjoy w10m as it is, but they don't spend a minute thinking about different platform, they just take what their carrier gives them.

So, forget the banking apps for a second, just having more Windows phones in the market and having those few working apps in the Store would help the platforms market share to grow. Later banking apps would come too. Even simply more devices alone would help the platform grow.

After it grows, them you get more apps.

Oh and by the way, I do have a quite good banking app from my bank for Windows Phone 8.1.

It may be unbelievable to you, but so many people don't use so many apps. They almost don't use apps at all...

02-09-2017 02:13 AM
    We have many many reasons. Instagram, Photosynth, banking apps. WP is complete disappointment. They don't love their job and they don't have will. They don't mind satisfying people or becoming a leader platform.

Year is 2017 and many years passed since WP has born but we don't even have an official, stabel and working Instagram App. Can you imagine that? Unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE!
    I've said this before, but with the lack of good quality apps, it makes me wonder if it is even possible to make an app like Instagram work properly. Do any of the big name apps work well? Is something wrong with the OS that makes it difficult or impossible for good apps?

For example, FaceBook. I would think that if they are going to go to the bother of even providing an app in the first place, they would make sure it works. Maybe they tried and finally gave up. Who knows?
    libra89 likes this.
    02-09-2017 07:13 AM

We have a official and stable Instagram app it's probably one of the most updated apps in our Windows store it's pretty much on par with other platforms as far as features

Sent from Idol 4s
    libra89 likes this.
    02-09-2017 07:21 AM
    By copy you mean save/download the facebook video to the phone and send it via whatsapp?
    I don't know I think its a direct to whatsapp they are both owned by FB so why not I haven't tried
    02-09-2017 07:59 AM
    For example, FaceBook. I would think that if they are going to go to the bother of even providing an app in the first place, they would make sure it works. Maybe they tried and finally gave up. Who knows?
    Like I said, they don't give a damn about quality of their apps in general. Everybody recommends you if you have low battery life on Android to uninstall Facebook app... :)

02-09-2017 08:07 AM
    Like I said, they don't give a damn about quality of their apps in general.
    I'm sure they do care about quality. The iOS and Android apps are pretty good. Sure, you'll find a few people who will complain about it, but they're also the ones complaining about airline and hospital food, and domestic vehicles. It's the cool thing to do.

Everybody recommends you if you have low battery life on Android to uninstall Facebook app... :)
    I had always heard that certain apps, including Facebook, are battery killers. I decided to try it for myself. I uninstalled Facebook and Google+. I pinned the shortcuts to those two sites onto my home screen. The site shortcut and and app shortcut look exactly the same in both cases. The mobile sites for both of them also look and operate almost exactly like the apps.

The result of the experiment was that nothing changed. The difference in battery life was not measurable, and the experience of using the mobile sites was very similar to using the apps. I felt that the apps responded a bit faster than the sites, so I reinstalled the apps and carried on as I had been.
    libra89 and Sedp23 like this.
    02-09-2017 08:21 AM
    You say the Android Facebook app works for you great, and I can tell they're are many users who find the w10m app good too.

Also there are plenty of users who complain about Facebook on Android, do you may be in minority there. Plus, a good app shouldn't work good only on most expensive phones, but on those cheapest ones too.

And the same way you say that those Android users simply want to complain, I could say that those who complain about w10m apps are just some crybabies. (I know they are not, I'm just saying.) Almost all apps which I use work really great on my phone. There may only be some minor bugs.

02-09-2017 09:01 AM
    You say the Android Facebook app works for you great, and I can tell they're are many users who find the w10m app good too.

Also there are plenty of users who complain about Facebook on Android, do you may be in minority there. Plus, a good app shouldn't work good only on most expensive phones, but on those cheapest ones too.

And the same way you say that those Android users simply want to complain, I could say that those who complain about w10m apps are just some crybabies. (I know they are not, I'm just saying.) Almost all apps which I use work really great on my phone. There may only be some minor bugs.

The difference is tho Facebook is updated on android frequently and gets the latest features with timely updates. People are going to complain about something on any app regardless people are STILL complaining about the messenger separation from the main app. The problem with Windows phone is not only is it only working well on 2+ Gb phones but it's only getting updated every 4-5 months.

I don't understand how on pc it gets updated and it's suppose to be universal but it's different from the mobile version. If the Mobile app was the same as the pc and got those frequent updates it wouldn't be as bad

Sent from Idol 4s
    02-09-2017 09:13 AM
    I share the same sentiment, the Facebook and Messenger apps are giving Windows Phones more bad rep than it actually should.

I have read reviews of Windows Phones, and a lot of them judge the OS based on Facebook's stability. The OS should be taken on it's own and it's good but many folks link it together.

My girlfriend too who uses a Lumia 640 was very close to throwing away her phone until I pointed her to SlimSocial which helped in terms of speed and stability.

Slim Social for Facebook
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8
    libra89 likes this.
    02-09-2017 10:37 AM
    I share the same sentiment, the Facebook and Messenger apps are giving Windows Phones more bad rep than it actually should.

I have read reviews of Windows Phones, and a lot of them judge the OS based on Facebook's stability. The OS should be taken on it's own and it's good but many folks link it together.

My girlfriend too who uses a Lumia 640 was very close to throwing away her phone until I pointed her to SlimSocial which helped in terms of speed and stability.

Slim Social for Facebook
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8
    Thanks for suggestion. It seems ease the pain :P

Well, MS Facebook app was just fine for me, but Facebook own ones, including Messenger, take way too long to open (up to 15 secs with Lumia 950 XL). They are both very fast to open if you use Galaxy S7, for example, so real Facebook users will not use Lumia phone and MS do not even understand it ...
    02-09-2017 11:40 AM
    Thanks for suggestion. It seems ease the pain :P

Well, MS Facebook app was just fine for me, but Facebook own ones, including Messenger, take way too long to open (up to 15 secs with Lumia 950 XL). They are both very fast to open if you use Galaxy S7, for example, so real Facebook users will not use Lumia phone and MS do not even understand it ...
    I just opened FB Messenger app on my i7 desktop and it took a good 10-15 seconds.

saras112 likes this.
    02-09-2017 12:02 PM
    I just opened FB Messenger app on my i7 desktop and it took a good 10-15 seconds.
    I just opened Facebook Messenger on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it took <2 seconds.
    libra89 and nasznjoka like this.
    02-09-2017 12:10 PM
101 1234 ...