Facebook Will Be A Big Reason People Leave Windows 10 Mobile

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
News flash: People who use social media are lonelier than the rest of us. Solution, ditch social media and join the rest of us in the real world. "Glance and go."
Just my thoughts.
Best wishes.
Doesn't matter lonely or not its one of the most important Mobile apps

Sent from Idol 4s

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't matter lonely or not its one of the most important Mobile apps

Sent from Idol 4s
Actually, this may only seem that it should matter even more. I mean, are those people lonely because they use social media, or are do they use social media because they are lonely? I think it's the second. So fix these apps right now!😄 Justice for lonely people!😁

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
By the way, FB and Messenger work a little better on the background with old Lumia 1520, compared on new Lumia 950 XL. Those apps have more often slow resuming with Lumia 950 XL. It is a surprise as Lumia 1520 is over 2 years older model. Just that you know, I have both phones, so that's based on my own experience with those phones (both with the same build).

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
There's been another update for Facebook apps on other platforms we are still behind

Untitled.png

Facebook beta apps for Windows 10 desktop is updated tho, just look at those version numbers omg. ( Got the updates today )
So only the mobile version is only left behind. Which kinda sucks 😒

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Always the same excuse of such companies: Market share is to low ... Looks like they all never heard about crossplattform capabilities ...

Market share is too low to develop a FREE app? From what year was a fee charged for dl and installing Facebook? Simply BS from these devs, if you have an app found on 3 OSes really what's the issue with updating ALL 3? My question is when all these devs create these FREE apps for IOS and Android aren't they paid the same if Windows OS users no matter how small in comparison were also added to the mix.

Is it really the devs to blame or MS who didn't do enough with the mobile OS to attract consumers who in turn didn't attract devs to the ecosystem.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 135566

Facebook beta apps for Windows 10 desktop is updated tho, just look at those version numbers omg. ( Got the updates today )
So only the mobile version is only left behind. Which kinda sucks 😒
Nothing for mobile. What's new in the beta update? They are good at updating the pc apps beta and main app but never the mobile apps

Sent from Idol 4s

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
The beta facebook app for desktop has a new feature. You can "react" to comments instead of just liking them. This feature was present in Android/iOS like 3 days ago too.

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Facebook desktop app works reasonably well and supports many of the newer features, including live video. It makes using FB on a Win 10 tablet a nice experience.

Facebook on Win 10 Mobile though is an utter disaster. I should have kept the MS app as I had to uninstall it to try the FB version and now can't get the MS version back. The release FB app now requires 2GB ram which my 640 doesn't have (2GB, WTF!). The beta app runs about 1 time out of 100 and then crashes a minute later anyway. Utter total useless garbage.

FB though don't care. Windows Mobile is dead to them. They've done the minimal they could at the time to chuck an app out by using a terrible iOS wrapper, and that's it.

Microsoft don't care. Windows Mobile is also dead to them, except for their development teams who still cling on to the dream of run everywhere universal apps and a single OS. Development tools like Visual Studio still get a fair bit of love for this, but no new hardware to encourage developers. Surface Phone is a fantasy. 2019 at earliest now and frankly, it will never happen, or if it does, it will be a financial disaster like buying Nokia. The ship has long since sailed there. They know this which is also why the development teams of Microsoft are churning out a lot of cross platform tools to develop on iOS and Android.

Anyway, as a long time Nokia fan I've got my eye on the new Android Nokia releases. It's still not proper Nokia, but the Win Phones weren't either. Still, remnants of the old Nokia teams are behind it. Just hope they can do something a bit special with Android and not just be a generic Android in a device with Nokia's name on it.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
People use the stories feature on FB?

Well you could always use the webapp, via the 'webapps' app, if you really wanted those other features. On 4g, with your device, it should run fast enough, for when you wish to use those features.

Blame FB for the app crashing on low ram devices.

They are the ones that packed a needless and annoying web browser into their platform, to further lock people into their system. FB is becoming the new chrome - a bloated ram hogging piece of software that tries to do everything (at least chrome cleaned their act up). They have their own app system + a browser + a bots framework + a video streamer. Next they'll probably try to pack in a music streaming service, and a TV streaming service, lol. So they can advertise to people 24/7.

In fact, I think its time we crowned them the official king of bloat.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
SlimSocial is much faster, I just installed it. I don't care if it's a wrapper, it still has some settings that I can't access from a browser.

There are a lot of people here that likes to mock those who use FB. You do know that you're coming off as incredibly immature, right? :D

It's like saying "Grapical user interface is just for kids! I only use DOS", or commenting every Rihanna youtube video just to tell everyone that you don't like her music.

Grow up and get a life, you don't have to like everything in this world. ;)

Ps. The earth is round, not flat.

Last edited:

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Why? W10M users tell me you don't need an app, you can go to the web page.

And honestly they break their app on Android regularly.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
And honestly they break their app on Android regularly.

You realize, don't you, that "break" on iOS and Android means something different than it does for WM users? iOS and Android users are accustomed to things just working. "Break" for them could mean some little glitch that a WM user wouldn't even notice.

When we as WM users say something is broken, it's bad!

I've been using Facebook on Android for 6 years, and I cannot recall one time it has been broken. I have not had issues with Facebook on WM either, but I am a very light user on WM. I do the heavy lifting on Android or iOS, or desktop with the browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte