Facebook Will Be A Big Reason People Leave Windows 10 Mobile

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Facebook (app) will never be a reason for me to leave Windows 10 Mobile ...

But the lack of apps in general is really frustrating since apps are discontinued on Windows Phone/Mobile platform or others simply never supported it ...

Always the same excuse of such companies: Market share is to low ... Looks like they all never heard about crossplattform capabilities ...

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Highly doubt that Facebook would be the reason. Facebook is not the be all end all. If you've stuck with Win10M this long, Facebook probably doesn't much matter.

You're underestimating the power of Facebook. I think most people just choose to deal. Why not use SlimSocial?

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Highly doubt that Facebook would be the reason. Facebook is not the be all end all. If you've stuck with Win10M this long, Facebook probably doesn't much matter.

No but it is the last straw, The 3 apps I use the most are FB; FB messenger both are the worst on my 640 and the last one is Whatsapp. All of those apps are better on Android. I have watched in the last couple of months tons android un boxing videos and never once saw resuming. Android has come along way since I left.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Well let me remind you of a thing you might have not considered*-*prior to the last update of*Facebook app it was not usable*in*Continuum mode (at least for me) as it*didn't scale*and rotate properly.*After*a recent update (don't remember when exactly it*got updated) it*is working for me when I use it in continnum and it has slightly different UI which means they were probably working on that*for a long time (there still are some UI bugs though). Otherwise it's working quite fine for me on the 950, though I understand it can be a bit painful*for ultimate*diehard fb users who want all the features.*Instead of video calls in messenger I rather use skype*as*the app is way nicer and I simply*do not want to/cannot switch to messenger.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Facebook launched in 2004 Worldwide, there are over 1.86 billion monthly active Facebook users. They have had more than enough time to make a decent app.On this platform I am a second class citizen. When I buy a smartphone it has to last 2 years I am not Satya Nadella I don't have his money I have to go for the best investment. I can not risk buying another Windows phone the outlook is too bleak.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
It's amazing I uninstalled Facebook and Twitter (from my Android) years ago, only use an outdated version of Instagram because it's the only way to post there, I use the desktop version of the uninstalled and works pretty well, maybe uncomfortable for most but ok for me.

But I think it depends of the needs of each of us, there are Android phones for $50 which has everything you need.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Hard to believe someone would move to one platform from another over a FB app, but, to each his own I guess.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Expecting from Facebook to make a decent app for us, while their app for other platforms is pretty bad too... They don't care about their apps because they think people will use them anyway. You should hope for third party Facebook apps, including some app made by Microsoft.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Hard to believe someone would move to one platform from another over a FB app, but, to each his own I guess.

Its not just the FB app it is the 1000 other apps I could use but can't because they are not on our platform. We don't have many unique apps they all went to the other platforms. The apps that are available on the other platforms usually have more functions as well. Listen people we are talking about MS the biggest software company in the world just sticking it to us, not caring at all about their own platform.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Really its true! People will move from windows 10 mobile because that worst ios ported facebook app! It's terribly slow , less feature & outdated! Year gone no calling feature on messenger for windows 10 mobile ! And both Facebook & messenger apps crashes frequently! Moreover you need 2GB ram to run this on your phone , as if we are playing a high end mobile game ! Facebook developers are the real hindrance for windows 10 mobile growth

Another thing my wife mentioned the other day that I never thought about. That my daughter can copy FB video to whats app on her Android phone but she doesn't know how to do it on her windows phone if it is even possible.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Its not just the FB app it is the 1000 other apps I could use but can't because they are not on our platform. We don't have many unique apps they all went to the other platforms. The apps that are available on the other platforms usually have more functions as well. Listen people we are talking about MS the biggest software company in the world just sticking it to us, not caring at all about their own platform.

The title of your thread was referring to FB being the reason everyone is going to leave WP, not the 1000 other apps you can't live without.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Expecting from Facebook to make a decent app for us, while their app for other platforms is pretty bad too... They don't care about their apps because they think people will use them anyway. You should hope for third party Facebook apps, including some app made by Microsoft.

The apps on other platforms are getting new updates frequently. They update the app on w10m once every 4 months and even still it's outdated. That's poor developer support

Sent from Idol 4s

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
While I stayed away from FB most of last year, I've been paying more attention recently.

The Astoria ported app starts slow but seems to work as well as the native app on my SGS6.

Sent from mTalk

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Another thing my wife mentioned the other day that I never thought about. That my daughter can copy FB video to whats app on her Android phone but she doesn't know how to do it on her windows phone if it is even possible.

By copy you mean save/download the facebook video to the phone and send it via whatsapp?

Emreskopi

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
We have many many reasons. Instagram, Photosynth, banking apps. WP is complete disappointment. They don't love their job and they don't have will. They don't mind satisfying people or becoming a leader platform.

Year is 2017 and many years passed since WP has born but we don't even have an official, stabel and working Instagram App. Can you imagine that? Unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE!

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
It's definitely not about 1000 apps. There are only few apps which are mostly used, with Facebook, Instagram, etc. being such.

When I see somebody asking for a phone they would mostly say "I would need it for Viber/WhatsApp, Facebook, and maybe Instagram"... There are tons of people who don't need more, and so wouldn't use more than this. Heck, they're are so many people so would actually enjoy w10m as it is, but they don't spend a minute thinking about different platform, they just take what their carrier gives them.

So, forget the banking apps for a second, just having more Windows phones in the market and having those few working apps in the Store would help the platforms market share to grow. Later banking apps would come too. Even simply more devices alone would help the platform grow.

After it grows, them you get more apps.

Oh and by the way, I do have a quite good banking app from my bank for Windows Phone 8.1.

It may be unbelievable to you, but so many people don't use so many apps. They almost don't use apps at all...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
We have many many reasons. Instagram, Photosynth, banking apps. WP is complete disappointment. They don't love their job and they don't have will. They don't mind satisfying people or becoming a leader platform.

Year is 2017 and many years passed since WP has born but we don't even have an official, stabel and working Instagram App. Can you imagine that? Unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE!

I've said this before, but with the lack of good quality apps, it makes me wonder if it is even possible to make an app like Instagram work properly. Do any of the big name apps work well? Is something wrong with the OS that makes it difficult or impossible for good apps?

For example, FaceBook. I would think that if they are going to go to the bother of even providing an app in the first place, they would make sure it works. Maybe they tried and finally gave up. Who knows?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99