Facebook Will Be A Big Reason People Leave Windows 10 Mobile

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Year is 2017 and many years passed since WP has born but we don't even have an official, stabel and working Instagram App. Can you imagine that? Unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE!
We have a official and stable Instagram app it's probably one of the most updated apps in our Windows store it's pretty much on par with other platforms as far as features

Sent from Idol 4s

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
For example, FaceBook. I would think that if they are going to go to the bother of even providing an app in the first place, they would make sure it works. Maybe they tried and finally gave up. Who knows?
Like I said, they don't give a damn about quality of their apps in general. Everybody recommends you if you have low battery life on Android to uninstall Facebook app... :)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, they don't give a damn about quality of their apps in general.

I'm sure they do care about quality. The iOS and Android apps are pretty good. Sure, you'll find a few people who will complain about it, but they're also the ones complaining about airline and hospital food, and domestic vehicles. It's the cool thing to do.

Everybody recommends you if you have low battery life on Android to uninstall Facebook app... :)

I had always heard that certain apps, including Facebook, are battery killers. I decided to try it for myself. I uninstalled Facebook and Google+. I pinned the shortcuts to those two sites onto my home screen. The site shortcut and and app shortcut look exactly the same in both cases. The mobile sites for both of them also look and operate almost exactly like the apps.

The result of the experiment was that nothing changed. The difference in battery life was not measurable, and the experience of using the mobile sites was very similar to using the apps. I felt that the apps responded a bit faster than the sites, so I reinstalled the apps and carried on as I had been.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
You say the Android Facebook app works for you great, and I can tell they're are many users who find the w10m app good too.

Also there are plenty of users who complain about Facebook on Android, do you may be in minority there. Plus, a good app shouldn't work good only on most expensive phones, but on those cheapest ones too.

And the same way you say that those Android users simply want to complain, I could say that those who complain about w10m apps are just some crybabies. (I know they are not, I'm just saying.) Almost all apps which I use work really great on my phone. There may only be some minor bugs.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
You say the Android Facebook app works for you great, and I can tell they're are many users who find the w10m app good too.

Also there are plenty of users who complain about Facebook on Android, do you may be in minority there. Plus, a good app shouldn't work good only on most expensive phones, but on those cheapest ones too.

And the same way you say that those Android users simply want to complain, I could say that those who complain about w10m apps are just some crybabies. (I know they are not, I'm just saying.) Almost all apps which I use work really great on my phone. There may only be some minor bugs.

The difference is tho Facebook is updated on android frequently and gets the latest features with timely updates. People are going to complain about something on any app regardless people are STILL complaining about the messenger separation from the main app. The problem with Windows phone is not only is it only working well on 2+ Gb phones but it's only getting updated every 4-5 months.

I don't understand how on pc it gets updated and it's suppose to be universal but it's different from the mobile version. If the Mobile app was the same as the pc and got those frequent updates it wouldn't be as bad

Sent from Idol 4s

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I share the same sentiment, the Facebook and Messenger apps are giving Windows Phones more bad rep than it actually should.

I have read reviews of Windows Phones, and a lot of them judge the OS based on Facebook's stability. The OS should be taken on it's own and it's good but many folks link it together.

My girlfriend too who uses a Lumia 640 was very close to throwing away her phone until I pointed her to SlimSocial which helped in terms of speed and stability.

Slim Social for Facebook
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I share the same sentiment, the Facebook and Messenger apps are giving Windows Phones more bad rep than it actually should.

I have read reviews of Windows Phones, and a lot of them judge the OS based on Facebook's stability. The OS should be taken on it's own and it's good but many folks link it together.

My girlfriend too who uses a Lumia 640 was very close to throwing away her phone until I pointed her to SlimSocial which helped in terms of speed and stability.

Slim Social for Facebook

Thanks for suggestion. It seems ease the pain :p

Well, MS Facebook app was just fine for me, but Facebook own ones, including Messenger, take way too long to open (up to 15 secs with Lumia 950 XL). They are both very fast to open if you use Galaxy S7, for example, so real Facebook users will not use Lumia phone and MS do not even understand it ...

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for suggestion. It seems ease the pain :p

Well, MS Facebook app was just fine for me, but Facebook own ones, including Messenger, take way too long to open (up to 15 secs with Lumia 950 XL). They are both very fast to open if you use Galaxy S7, for example, so real Facebook users will not use Lumia phone and MS do not even understand it ...

I just opened FB Messenger app on my i7 desktop and it took a good 10-15 seconds.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Slim Social for Facebook
It's just a web wrapper tho what's the use of a web wrapper app when I can use the browser for most of those features feels redundant to me

Sent from Idol 4s

Emreskopi

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
We have a official and stable Instagram app it's probably one of the most updated apps in our Windows store it's pretty much on par with other platforms as far as features

Sent from Idol 4s

I'm surprised @Sedp23! So, I guess Microsoft did the work for Windows 10. I am using 8.1. Instagram do have an official app but it is full of bugs and it has just a few of its features. Lack of post editing, video uploading, landscape photo, GIF support and more. So I discovered an other app covering all the features like other platforms Instagrams. It is "6tag" Gratefuly someone did it. When I get to WP store I still see the same old Instagram. Maybe because my registered 8.1 device, it filters it for me. Thank you for the information about windows 10.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm surprised @Sedp23! So, I guess Microsoft did the work for Windows 10. I am using 8.1. Instagram do have an official app but it is full of bugs and it has just a few of its features. Lack of post editing, video uploading, landscape photo, GIF support and more. So I discovered an other app covering all the features like other platforms Instagrams. It is "6tag" Gratefuly someone did it. When I get to WP store I still see the same old Instagram. Maybe because my registered 8.1 device, it filters it for me. Thank you for the information about windows 10.
Yes u have to upgrade to 10 to get the new official Instagram and official Facebook and messenger apps. If u have Windows 10 for your pc those apps are on there as well

Sent from Idol 4s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa