Facebook Will Be A Big Reason People Leave Windows 10 Mobile

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Getting tired of this Facebook app only getting updates every 5 months and mi or updates at that. We still can't go live,still can't do messenger calls. They just rolled out the pacman and other games to messenger, and Now they are rolling out the moments and stories feature to both Facebook and messenger and we will be left out again for who knows how long.

I was lucky enough buy a Windows phone with 4gb of ram but prior to this I had a 640 and 640XL and it was awful using the app. Closes often after a couple minutes.

I'm actually considering gettin a sub $200 android phone and keep along with my idol 4s for Facebook alone.

They did a great job keeping Instagram fairly up to date but Facebook claimed they were "all in" on Windows 10 Mobile with **** poor support. What is going on??

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
We all know apps are a WP downfall. Yes, FB going south, and if Instagram and WhatsApp do the same...it's done.

My FB on my 930 works fine...

A little bit of me thinks they want WP to disappear - and just create apps for other phones. They they don't have to deal with this 1.3% market share. Hmm... a billion smartphones...that is still 13 million phones....not terrible? Asia still have another billion people without smartphones....

ARM might be our salvation? I don't think app makers will discount a billion new MS tablets ...or similar devices.

We have to have patience. And seriously - you are going to carry around two devices?

C'mon you got a WP, you know we are underdogs, and we sort of enjoy it....

Getting tired of this Facebook app only getting updates every 5 months and mi or updates at that. We still can't go live,still can't do messenger calls. They just rolled out the pacman and other games to messenger, and Now they are rolling out the moments and stories feature to both Facebook and messenger and we will be left out again for who knows how long.

I was lucky enough buy a Windows phone with 4gb of ram but prior to this I had a 640 and 640XL and it was awful using the app. Closes often after a couple minutes.

I'm actually considering gettin a sub $200 android phone and keep along with my idol 4s for Facebook alone.

They did a great job keeping Instagram fairly up to date but Facebook claimed they were "all in" on Windows 10 Mobile with **** poor support. What is going on??

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I know that Facebook on WP is terrible. But then I am not that a big a user so I don't miss what I haven't got. Sadly though, the rest of the world disagrees as nearly everyone I see here (Thailand) always has Facebook open on their iOS or Android device. WP is definitely the underdog. We all know that, we also know that we will never be popular or get the latest apps either. It's a shame, definitely, and it won't change, but having two different devices just to use one application is a little much. We have a WP, we were never going to be cool to start with.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Facebook everyday and it's one of the few apps I've no complaints about. I never use the Live feature so I've never missed it. I left Windows Phone for a while and back then it was the old Microsoft version of Facebook which had zero features that the other platforms did and was generally awful. When I came back last year they had the new version and I was really impressed that it did most of the things the other versions did. Facebook and WhatsApp are probably the most used apps for me and for now they're fine (for me) but if they lose support I'll be gone. One thing that does annoy me a little is video calling on my Lumia 950 xl. It freezes, lags and gets quite choppy which shouldn't happen with so much power available in this phone

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Still using the MS version here, as the official is so awful on a L650.

So slow........
On my idol the Facebook app from Facebook is Good, my complaint is it's not up to date on features. I recently redownloaded the Microsoft app and it was slow on my idol 4s almost slow as it was on my 640 and 640 XL id rather use the Facebook app since it loads faster, more fluid and more features. But they need to optimize it better for 1gb devices instead of having a 2gb ram requirement....just lazy developers

Sent from Idol 4s

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
:angry:I have given up on the official app, and use the web app instead. The official app is unusable on my 1 GB device. It won't even open most of the time.

Whatever happened to opening up the web apps and making those more useful? Wasn't that a part of Nadella's push at last year's Build?

The blame lies with MS, not the developers. MS put itself in this situation with the constant hitting of the reset buttons and devs have had enough.

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
The problem here is Facebook because Messenger is slow and laggy even on PC. And compared to mobile, W10 went over 25% on PC market. I expected FB to actually put in a bit of effort, it's not like a multi billion dollar company like them that almost all the world is connected to and has accounts there, can't make one proper universal app for the platform. How come that they update their apps on old Android tablets weekly and they work fine on dual core and 1GB or RAM, then give us a 250 MB Messenger app that needs 2GB of RAM? I just i installed from the phone and got the lighter WhatsApp that has both video and audio calling.

As for the main app, I kept the one from FB for the calendar sync and got the Lite one Dan talked about a couple of months ago

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the app is an absolute dumpster fire on my 640, and my wife's as well. When it does actually open, it often spontaneously closes within a few seconds. It is borderline unusable. Unfortunately, this is probably our most used app. If anything drives me to another platform, this will be it.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Really its true! People will move from windows 10 mobile because that worst ios ported facebook app! It's terribly slow , less feature & outdated! Year gone no calling feature on messenger for windows 10 mobile ! And both Facebook & messenger apps crashes frequently! Moreover you need 2GB ram to run this on your phone , as if we are playing a high end mobile game ! Facebook developers are the real hindrance for windows 10 mobile growth

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I am so fed up with FB app and MS now I am leaving. I am just waiting to see what comes out of the Mobile World Congress at the end of the month. My wife is leaving as well. The last person to leave please turn off the lights.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am so fed up with FB app and MS now I am leaving. I am just waiting to see what comes out of the Mobile World Congress at the end of the month. My wife is leaving as well. The last person to leave please turn off the lights.

At this rate, the last person turning off the lights will probably be me!

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Highly doubt that Facebook would be the reason. Facebook is not the be all end all. If you've stuck with Win10M this long, Facebook probably doesn't much matter.

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I gave up on the official FB app. I use the MS version because it has people integration (nice photos). I do use the FB Messenger as it is usable for most of things except for sending photos (it crashes every time I try but randomly does or doesn't send the photo). My wife has iPhone 5 and says the Messenger app is horrible there as well (takes forever to start and another forever to load contents). So I guess making an efficient communicator app is an art long gone. Because, come on, FB is just a front end to a database of text and picture posts with comments. How does an app like that grow to several hundreds of megabytes in size and takes gigabytes of RAM? I mean what the hell, older software used to be more usable on a 10MHz computer with 200MB harddrive and 640kB of RAM! Did FB hire useless developers?

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I left w10m because of :
1.Viber, my friends are using it, at least 10 of them are sending me texts there. Viber is not working ok, I was not online and messages has been received hours later :( ... Not good.
2. FB apps, both are not so good, specialy messanger, chat is opening about 10 seconds which is slower then on java phones :p
3. Camera app was extremly slow...

Anyway FB was one of the reasons.

But I miss live tiles, they are so beautiful and amazing, love them.
Currenlty I have launcher with live tiles on my Android :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills