Wait for W10 on ARM or jump ship

anon(10162577)

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I've been on Windows since 2013, i think it's time to jump lumia ship. The only answer is where to next: wait for Windows 10 on ARM or choose already available OS? In that case, what should i choose: iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S series. Which is better for Microsoft fan?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Both are good, so try them out.

I personally would be just fine with either but found myself with a BlackBerry. Others are enjoying the Pixel, the iPhone, something by OnePlus, etc. Depends more on what you value. Android let's you integrate MS stuff in more like Cortana.

Also, its going to be a while before Windows 10 for ARM even sees a phone. So jump ship, see what's there to see.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The OnePlus 3/3T is a good option. Not sure where you are in the world but there are good options outside of Samsung. The Honor 8 is pretty good too and probably cheaper than the S7s.

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Even though i dislike the obscene amount of money they make in profits, you could go to iPhone since Dan showed in that article that they have alot of the MS services and apps, which you can use after uninstalling the default iOS apps

anon(10162577)

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Even though i dislike the obscene amount of money they make in profits, you could go to iPhone since Dan showed in that article that they have alot of the MS services and apps, which you can use after uninstalling the default iOS apps

Yeah, but there is a Samsung which have Microsoft apps pre-installed.

Robewms

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
If you've been a windows phone fan for a long while, why would you jump ship before the next port?
if you're worried about the ship sinking, don't worry, the same boats you're gonna jump to will still be there for you if the ship does sink. but for now i'm enjoying the ride.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for big brands, not really sure if i can trust chinese smartphone makers.

Samsung hasn't exactly shown itself to be infallible.

Both Hawuei and Xiaomi have proven themselves to produce good products. You can change the launcher on the phone if their's doesn't suit you.

There is also HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola and Asus as options. Depends on your opinion of those.

I've only owned a Samsung tablet and found it to be clunky. I own a Sony Z3 and like it a lot because it's almost vanilla Android. I'm ready for an upgrade but I'm waiting until MWC.

I've never owned an iPhone but know lots of people who do and love it. I'm personally not an Apple fan but don't hold any grudges about people who are.

All MS software is available on both iPhone and Android including Cotana if you want. To get full Office you will need a subscription though.

As others have stated, it's up to you if you're ready to move. W10 on ARM might be some time away.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
An aside thought and question. If I assume (i know) that WM10 for ARM is real and is coming, how do I sign up for the Insider program for fast updates. My further assumption is it will be a "new" version of WM 10 requiring new hardware, starting from the beginning again and no apps.

Please hit me as hard as you like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6