02-13-2017 09:20 AM
32 12
tools
    Yes sure, you edit photos with Vinci, use the official buggy facebook apps, Twitter for Windows or some other 3rd party "cooler" twitter apps. But is there a cool app on your W10M that you think should be more popular?
    02-08-2017 09:48 AM
    I love this thread idea!

For me, there are a couple actually but I will stick with 3.

I was introduced to Monument Browser recently, and it is so good.
    Vime is a new app for Vimeo that is paid but has a free trial and it is amazing, I love it! It's just like Vimeo on the other platforms.
    I was also introduced to Awesome Tube, another YouTube app but I like it too. The UI is okay but I love that I can still listen and watch videos while searching for another video.
    02-08-2017 10:06 AM
    I think PIP should be more popular. Along with Meme 8 Ball and UnClocked. Although I wrote those, so I am a little biased
    02-08-2017 11:08 AM
    Another vote for Monument Browser, although I would really like to know who's behind it, and whether I should trust him/them with my browsing activities. You know, "if it's free then you are the product" and all that.

Other apps I really like, not sure how popular they are:

Share-to-Speech (UWP, $7), an app that can read tons of things out loud to you using text-to-speech. Super hard working dev, and deceptively powerful app

Grover Pro (UWP, $3), a beautiful podcast app with tons of options and a great UI. And also a very responsive developer.

DataCounter (UWP, free), a great app for seeing where all those megabytes went this month. :) And another one of those nice guy developers. Very active, very responsive.
    02-08-2017 11:11 AM
    Great topic!

I use Meteostation to get weather info from local weather stations in my area.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    Kevin Rush, Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    02-08-2017 02:03 PM
    I use the scientific calculator and it delivers. I think it should be among the popular apps.
    02-09-2017 01:09 AM
    Monument browser is Good but it ask for money even I want to save picture! Lol that's insane ! I think audictive player , Vinci , prime tube Good apss
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    02-09-2017 01:14 AM
    There's this app called "The Right Words". It's an app that searches several poetic quote that best describes your picture, so in a sense, it's good for people who often uploads their photos in social media and in need of caption ideas.

Another would be 9Gags. For me, it's one of the best 9gag browser out there, if you're into that.

Also, the official Steam app (if you're a gamer) works well if you're a gamer that uses the service.

Btw, I agree that this thread is a good idea for people to get to know apps. I think the OP should update the app to list down the apps that people are mentioning here, if he's willing to spare his time and effort of course :)
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    02-09-2017 05:56 AM
    Mtalk app

Sent from mTalk
    libra89, raycpl and Kevin Rush like this.
    02-09-2017 06:07 AM
    Monument browser is Good but it ask for money even I want to save picture! Lol that's insane ! I think audictive player , Vinci , prime tube Good apss
    lol what? a browser that doesn't let you save pictures isn't a good browser, will try it out anyway.
    Thanks for the replies, everyone.
    02-09-2017 07:02 AM
    Movie Maker. I use it to pull still frames from movies. The camera added this, but the Movie maker app has finer control (easy frame-by-frame) and is quicker. I have a three year old son and getting him to smile and look at the camera at the same time is virtually un-captureable with normal snap shots. Of course it has a ton of other features for making movies, but I don't use those.
    Kevin Rush and Alyeldiin like this.
    02-09-2017 08:43 AM
    I think PIP should be more popular. Along with Meme 8 Ball and UnClocked. Although I wrote those, so I am a little biased
    No Sweat!!! A+ on Meme 8 Ball and UnClocked... They're "comfort food" for me and I'm thinking a good few others. Should be anyways.

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    sinime likes this.
    02-09-2017 03:39 PM
    I use the scientific calculator and it delivers. I think it should be among the popular apps.
    10-4 !!!! No matter how simple the task - THAT's what I reach for and surprisingly, its more often than one would think - if you GOT IT!!!

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    02-09-2017 03:42 PM
    Yes sure, you edit photos with Vinci, use the official buggy facebook apps, Twitter for Windows or some other 3rd party "cooler" twitter apps. But is there a cool app on your W10M that you think should be more popular?
    DUDE!!! This is the funnest idea for a Thread in awhile. I hope it helps some folks take a deep breath and smile when they stop to think about it. 5 STARS !!!

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    libra89, Alyeldiin and TgeekB like this.
    02-09-2017 03:46 PM
    Infinite Flight, Thumba and SkyMap for me.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-09-2017 03:55 PM
    Infinite Flight, Thumba and SkyMap for me.
    A++ and A++

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    02-09-2017 04:00 PM
    I use lots of apps, so it is hard to decide which 3 I like the most. But for the less usual ones I would say:
    • CamScanner - Awesome document scanning app
    • Elan Skis - GPS skiing app
    • Simple Timesheet - Working hours tracker
    Joe920 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    02-10-2017 07:02 AM
    CHECKBOOK METRO: Excellent checking/savings account ledger (plus credit cards). Syncs with pc/laptop version. Backs up to OneDrive, selectable.

BIORHYTHM PRO: You're into it or you're not. If you ARE, THIS is a good one.

HURRICANE TRACKER: I live in coastal Mid-Atlantic, US, 30 minutes from ocean and 30 minutes from Chesapeake Bay. I've NEVER had a good weather radar app that also displayed the oceans all-the-way, world-wide and as thoroughly as the land. You can watch the babies hatch over the Sahara and then watch them GO! If you're "coastal", get this!

EDIT>>>> Ahhhh the APP GAP strikes. Sorry.
    All that's left is Hurricane Tracker.

Peace. Alan
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 15031.0] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Last edited by Shamshi-Adad; 02-10-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    02-10-2017 10:32 AM
    Send Anywhere, Flick, Selffina , Calendar live tile .
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-10-2017 10:55 AM
    EDIT>>>> Ahhhh the APP GAP strikes. Sorry.
    All that's left is Hurricane Tracker.
    Are you saying that the other two have left the WP store since you installed them?

Sometimes even when you Win10, you lose.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    02-10-2017 11:05 AM
    Are you saying that the other two have left the WP store since you installed them?

Hey... "I" got 'em and they're GREAT! YOU DON'T!

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    02-10-2017 11:08 AM

I see what you did there.
    Shamshi-Adad and Joe920 like this.
    02-10-2017 11:20 AM

I see what you did there.
    Its funny though; after all this time on the Insider Fast Track and through all my Hard Resets and the WDRTs I haven't lost those two old ones; or ANY apps. I guess backing up my ICON has worked well through it all. That's pretty good

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    02-10-2017 11:45 AM
    Send Anywhere, Flick, Selffina , Calendar live tile .
    ...and MORE GOOD ONES!!!

There's nothin' for it but for me to start at the TOP of the Thread and keep the Store open and look at each one.

Just can't get over this Thread...

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Rinsun and TgeekB like this.
    02-10-2017 11:58 AM
    I honestly wasn't expecting so much interaction. But hey, cool :D
    My turn now: I found this tanks game I used to play on my ATARI like 12 years ago. It's called Battle City - Super Tank 1990. Although I didn't have games in mind when I made this thread, I love this game so much because it gives me a kind of a nice nostalgic feeling, it also uses so little battery compared to other games, so I think it deserves to be mentioned - It's cool, try it out.

There's this LEO Dictionary app that I use on daily basis, really helpful if you're learning German, or a german speaker learning another language (French, English.. etc)

Maps App Discovery, which is a google-maps-like app that helps sometimes when the Windows maps doesn't do the job.

There's also Ultimate Torch, which is a flashlight app that I find really cool, even though one doesn't need it anymore because ever since W10M came out you could access the flashlight from the Action Center, but still, it's like the coolest Flashlight app to have ever existed in my opinion, especially with its Batman Mode :P
    Shamshi-Adad, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    02-10-2017 02:29 PM
32 12