Is it worth the wait?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Do yourselves a favor and peruse Android Central, iMore and Crackberry then come back here and say Microsoft is the only one with stability issues and bugs.

I don't think people here are saying that Microsoft is the only one with stability and bugs. The complaints are more that W10M is redefining the terms, especially on preview builds. :unhappysweat:

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
All I really need in a phone is Phone/Text Service, Good Camera and Email. I can run without music over my BT headset (don't like to), and I can talk of the phone without a BT headset (although I "HATE" it).

Without BT headset because it's not working? MPow Coach BT works great with my 950xl, connects seamlessly. That stuff should work...

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't think people here are saying that Microsoft is the only one with stability and bugs. The complaints are more that W10M is redefining the terms, especially on preview builds. :unhappysweat:

Actually, I would disagree with that. To me it really does seem like a fair amount of posters are saying that W10M is the OS with stability issues and bugs to the point of being much worse than the others.

As for redefining terms; I'm not sure what you mean by that. It's been clear to me ever since I got my 950 that there's an official "cleared and verified" versions that rolls out, and then there's the insider's program where I have to opt-in, and if I do I have to expect a far larger amount of broken functionality and bugs etc.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Without BT headset because it's not working? MPow Coach BT works great with my 950xl, connects seamlessly. That stuff should work...

I am on Fast Ring, and as a result, I expect some interruptions.....but BT is working fine at the moment..... but tomorrow, on Fast Ring, is anyone's guess?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I took literary license with that statement since the others are so perfect according to the Windows Haters Society.

Yes, Microsoft does appear to be moving the goalposts with every new Insider Build - but isn't that the point?

Preview>feedback>adjust>more feedback>release is the proper path. B!tch and complain isn't part of the process, it's part of the problem.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I took literary license with that statement since the others are so perfect according to the Windows Haters Society.

Yes, Microsoft does appear to be moving the goalposts with every new Insider Build - but isn't that the point?

Preview>feedback>adjust>more feedback>release is the proper path. B!tch and complain isn't part of the process, it's part of the problem.

My wife is bit**ing about her iPhone 6 because apps won't open, crash, it's slow and freezes. Only 2 years old and updated to latest build. I don't know, it seems like all OS's have issues but some seem to get more of a free ride.
Of course I've heard the iPhone 8 will have a new ground -breaking innovation called "wireless charging". Going to set the smartphone world on fire. 🤣

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife is bit**ing about her iPhone 6 because apps won't open, crash, it's slow and freezes. Only 2 years old and updated to latest build. I don't know, it seems like all OS's have issues but some seem to get more of a free ride.
Of course I've heard the iPhone 8 will have a new ground -breaking innovation called "wireless charging". Going to set the smartphone world on fire. 🤣

I'm having a serious problem with my 6S+ because someone invented this revolutionary feature called fillable PDF forms that iOS doesn't read. Apparently this feature was released only yesterday so Apple hasn't had the proper time to bake a solution yet. In the meantime, I'll use my HP Touchpad to open the attachments in my emails. Geez, webOS was so far ahead of its time that they predicted this feature. Can you feel the dripping sarcasm?

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a serious problem with my 6S+ because someone invented this revolutionary feature called fillable PDF forms that iOS doesn't read. Apparently this feature was released only yesterday so Apple hasn't had the proper time to bake a solution yet. In the meantime, I'll use my HP Touchpad to open the attachments in my emails. Geez, webOS was so far ahead of its time that they predicted this feature. Can you feel the dripping sarcasm?

Lol this is why I run both 950 and my 6s+

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Of course I've heard the iPhone 8 will have a new ground -breaking innovation called "wireless charging". Going to set the smartphone world on fire. ??????

"set the smartphone world on fire"??? Did Apple outsource manufacturing to Samsung?

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

"set the smartphone world on fire"??? Did Apple outsource manufacturing to Samsung?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Of course I've heard the iPhone 8 will have a new ground -breaking innovation called "wireless charging". Going to set the smartphone world on fire. ������

Yeah, I don't know if it's just me but it kind of feels like iOS 10 has obvious brokenness that I don't want to deal with. I'm disappointed in them for that so I'm going to continue to hang out on iOS 9.

On the flip side, using the 950 recently hasn't been frustrating. Aside from the Outlook Calendar tile not always working, it doesn't seem as broken as iOS 10 (to me). I'll be honest, I really moved my sim out of it because of battery life.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm going out on a limb here but I see a SIM mysteriously finding its way into a 950, an iPhone SE going into a drawer (not buried) and an Honor on eBay.

Haha that is possible. If I can find a way to squeeze more battery life out of the 950, I'm not opposed to this idea. Selling the Honor has crossed my mind a few times even though it has the best radios.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Haha that is possible. If I can find a way to squeeze more battery life out of the 950, I'm not opposed to this idea. Selling the Honor has crossed my mind a few times even though it has the best radios.

What version are you using? I'm not a fan of the Insider Builds for daily drivers. Battery life and Bluetooth are too wonky for my tastes.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
What version are you using? I'm not a fan of the Insider Builds for daily drivers. Battery life and Bluetooth are too wonky for my tastes.

Like you, I don't do Insider so I'm on the latest official one. I have had battery saver on all the time to try to extend it some more but the most I have had was 1 day and 1 hour.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I don't do Insider so I'm on the latest official one. I have had battery saver on all the time to try to extend it some more but the most I have had was 1 day and 1 hour.
Well, I charge every night as a rule so I only complain when a phone doesn't make it through a day. I've never used battery saver but I do limit background usage very intensely. For example, I live in South Florida so I don't need the Weather app to tell me it's miserably hot. If you live in Kansas I'm sure you'd want the latest tornado warning though. It's no secret that Facebook is the worst offender on any platform when it comes to killing batteries. OneDrive can be pretty lethal if you have files running in and out as I do so it's good to keep an eye on what apps are draining your power.

That's been my experience regardless of OS. Pay closer attention to apps rather than screen brightness or radios.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, I charge every night as a rule so I only complain when a phone doesn't make it through a day. I've never used battery saver but I do limit background usage very intensely. For example, I live in South Florida so I don't need the Weather app to tell me it's miserably hot. If you live in Kansas I'm sure you'd want the latest tornado warning though. It's no secret that Facebook is the worst offender on any platform when it comes to killing batteries. OneDrive can be pretty lethal if you have files running in and out as I do so it's good to keep an eye on what apps are draining your power.

That's been my experience regardless of OS. Pay closer attention to apps rather than screen brightness or radios.

Hmm okay, I see. For me, I'm spoiled. I love charging every other day. I also use my phone more at night though too.

Yeah that makes sense. I try to do the same too with each of my phones. Weather apps are super important as we have all four seasons here. I'll try to see if I can look at my list of apps again to see if I notice anything odd.

I mentioned the radio bit because in my experience, it has made a difference in battery life with many of the phones I have tried last year. At work, WiFi disconnects and reconnects all the time, and in addition, the building I work in, along with the area of my office, struggle with the connection there. It hops between LTE and Edge a lot. The phones that couldn't fight well suffered with battery life, regardless of my other efforts. I have tried everything with some of those and in the end, it was all down to the radios.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Don't you sleep every night? :winktongue: Why not charge it while you're sleeping? That's what I do.

Haha, I do but I'm that kind of gal who falls asleep while reading a book, and the cord is never long enough for me to read comfortably.* Also, iOS likes to be sneaky and try to "automatically" update when connected to power in the early hours of the night. I don't want to update.

* I very much still try to do it anyway but the idea of doing that every night sounds awful to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo