Is it worth the wait?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I do but I'm that kind of gal who falls asleep while reading a book, and the cord is never long enough for me to read comfortably.* Also, iOS likes to be sneaky and try to "automatically" update when connected to power in the early hours of the night. I don't want to update.

* I very much still try to do it anyway but the idea of doing that every night sounds awful to me.

OK, I understand. I have a wireless charger by my bed, and one on my desk at work. The battery almost never gets below 70%. I have a couple tablets I use at night, so I seldom use my phone after I go to bed. I even have a flexible holder for phones/tablets so I can suspend it directly overhead and lay comfortably on my back and watch a movie.

You're saying you don't want to install an available upgrade??? Ha, you're a rare one here in that respect! I personally do not micromanage my phone, at all! That includes upgrades. I let it do its thing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
OK, I understand. I have a wireless charger by my bed, and one on my desk at work. The battery almost never gets below 70%. I have a couple tablets I use at night, so I seldom use my phone after I go to bed. I even have a flexible holder for phones/tablets so I can suspend it directly overhead and lay comfortably on my back and watch a movie.

You're saying you don't want to install an available upgrade??? Ha, you're a rare one here in that respect! I personally do not micromanage my phone, at all! That includes upgrades. I let it do its thing.

Nicee! That holder sounds amazing.

Yep, I like to control all of my updates on all of my phones, and that includes app updates as well. iOS 10 brings decreased battery life, along with some bugs. I did try it though but I rolled back in time thankfully. Funnily enough, I always install Windows 10 Mobile updates when I'm awake to do so, and I recently installed 7.0 on my Honor 8 by choice too.

As for the app updates, I like to read what has changed for iOS and Android apps (when available) before installing.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I like to control all of my updates on all of my phones, and that includes app updates as well.

Yeah, I used to do that too, but not so much for app updates. I mean, I have them set to not install automatically, but I don't read changelogs or anything. If there is an update available, I install it.

I make a living working with software, which includes installing updates and troubleshooting. Maybe I get too much of it at work which makes me uninterested in doing it on my phone!

Since starting to use my current phone in December 2016, I cannot recall the last time anything crashed, OS or app. In fact, I'm not sure I've experienced a crash at all on this phone. Everything just works. I just now checked the uptime, and it is currently at 496 hours. It is running as fresh and solid as the day I got it out of the box brand new. Why mess with success? :wink:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I used to do that too, but not so much for app updates. I mean, I have them set to not install automatically, but I don't read changelogs or anything. If there is an update available, I install it.

I make a living working with software, which includes installing updates and troubleshooting. Maybe I get too much of it at work which makes me uninterested in doing it on my phone!

Since starting to use my current phone in December 2016, I cannot recall the last time anything crashed, OS or app. In fact, I'm not sure I've experienced a crash at all on this phone. Everything just works. I just now checked the uptime, and it is currently at 496 hours. It is running as fresh and solid as the day I got it out of the box brand new. Why mess with success? :wink:

Ah okay, I see. I can get why that you don't feel like doing that on your phone and I don't blame you at all. Wow, that's a long time! Again, I can't say that I blame you at all for not messing with what isn't broken.

Last edited:

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
People have been waiting for like a couple of years now of any decent UI change/improvements and that's like few generations of android already, and all the "Lagdroid" jokes have now become the great grandparents of all the current jokes by Windows fans because they are far long gone. Perhaps fans will still need to wait few more years unless you have mental issues to wait that long.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, so here's an update regarding the issue I mentioned on post #27 . The answer might be comical to most of us long-suffering Windows Mobile diehards because it involves a workaround. The app gap has turned virtually any task into an exercise in workarounds so I thought it was funny when the guys over at iMore helped me out.

First let me give those guys their props because they assisted me very quickly. I'm sure the traffic at iMore is 10 times what it is here so let's give those guys a hand. Now, since Apple didn't see it fit to give their native PDF reader the ability "see" fillable PDFs in Mail, the solution is to "share" it using another app. If you don't have another app, you need to download one. That's Workaround 101 folks and they made their suggestion as if it's the most normal thing in the world. This reminds me of Bobby Kennedy's famous quote "Some men see things as they are and say, why; I dream things that never were and say, why not."

How long do we have to put up with basic failures and not put some feet to the fires?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss