messaging tones. Am I the only one?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got an Alcatel on production 14393.693 and I've noticed if I change from the "default" notification sound to something different for the messaging app, any alert sound I assigned to contacts in the people app no longer work and only the newly assigned alert tone plays. if I change the notification sound back to default then the individual alert tones assigned to my contacts work (for the 12 or I so I assigned) but I'm stuck on the default tone for all the rest. Am I the only one still having this issue?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was beginning to think this was by design. But honestly? Isnt this a poor design? We should be able to change the default sound and still have individual custom tones for certain contacts. No?

... heads towards feedback hub... :/

Thank You!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was beginning to think this was by design. But honestly? Isnt this a poor design? We should be able to change the default sound and still have individual custom tones for certain contacts. No?

... heads towards feedback hub... :/

Thank You!

Only those contacts that have no custom ringtones will change with the default tones. When you assign custom tones do you make sure you hit the save icon? If not then it won't stick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923