Hello!

I am new here, but I read the site/forum for some time.
    I have a Lumia 640XL for more than 1 year and I have some problems with it. I updated to Windows 10 Mobile but after the last updates I have a problem with Battery Saver. If I activate Battery Saver I keep getting notifications from WhatsApp, FB Messenger, and other apps even though I should not. Also, if I set an application to "Never allowed in background" I keep getting nofitications from it (tested with Facebook and WhatsApp). Now I set my WhatsApp to "Never allowed in background" and I activated Battery Saver and I keep getting notifications when somebody sends me a message.

What could be the problem? I reset the phone to factory settings, but that didn't solve anything.

Can you please help me with that?

Phone details:
    Model: Microsoft Lumia 640 XL
    Software: Windows 10 Mobile
    Version: 1607
    OS build: 10.0.14393.693
    angel1998 and GonzaloxCOM like this.
    02-16-2017 02:03 AM
    Hello!

I am new here, but I read the site/forum for some time.
    I have a Lumia 640XL for more than 1 year and I have some problems with it. I updated to Windows 10 Mobile but after the last updates I have a problem with Battery Saver. If I activate Battery Saver I keep getting notifications from WhatsApp, FB Messenger, and other apps even though I should not. Also, if I set an application to "Never allowed in background" I keep getting nofitications from it (tested with Facebook and WhatsApp). Now I set my WhatsApp to "Never allowed in background" and I activated Battery Saver and I keep getting notifications when somebody sends me a message.

What could be the problem? I reset the phone to factory settings, but that didn't solve anything.

Can you please help me with that?

Phone details:
    Model: Microsoft Lumia 640 XL
    Software: Windows 10 Mobile
    Version: 1607
    OS build: 10.0.14393.693
    Unfortunately, I think this is a bug right now, so you're not alone in experiencing it.
    02-16-2017 08:43 AM
    not happening for me, I'm on .189 btw, maybe a recent update broke it?
    02-17-2017 03:18 PM
    Unfortunately as far as I remember this problem is older for me. It has been like that even before the last update in January. I didn't think it is a problem for everybody because I didn't find anybody else to talk about this problem.

If it truly is a Windows bug, I just hope it will be fixed soon because I need Battery Saver sometimes.
    Nana Obeng and GonzaloxCOM like this.
    02-18-2017 10:50 AM
    Im experiencing the same thing. I tut i messed things up in setting so i reset my phone, went to oneDrive and deleted all backups, but its there there. I still get notification when battery saver is turned on.

My question is does MS knows about this, cuz i've had it since last December
    libra89 and GonzaloxCOM like this.
    02-18-2017 12:31 PM
    I also have this problem on my Lumia 640, I have not found a solution after many resets and restarts.

My phone is in permanent roaming, I do not know if that is why it fails. Maybe everyone who has this problem has some common configuration that overrides the function.
    03-14-2017 06:02 PM
    Phone updated to 14393.953 today. I was hoping maybe the problem is solved but unfortunately the problem is still there. Microsoft doesn't care about this? Really, I want my Battery Saver to work..

Sent from mTalk
    03-25-2017 12:48 AM
    I also facing whatsapp bug from previous builds but still not getting fixed CU
    03-25-2017 01:47 AM