Why does my brand new Lumia 650 take around 10 seconds to open the messenger app?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate FB, but ya know, it's one of those things. And as far as updates go, I'm using WPCentral app for 8.1.. I do not like the new one.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I hate FB, but ya know, it's one of those things. And as far as updates go, I'm using WPCentral app for 8.1.. I do not like the new one.

yea I also gave up and started using the old 8.1 app again, it just works

maybe I'm wrong but if this app is practically the same even on pc, its clear as water its a horrendous software in regards to performance, since it runs the same on my laptop and a gaming desk pc which is absolute overkill for any kind of messaging platform

as a result, I use slimsocial and old 8.1 messenger on phone, and messengerfordesktop app on pc, for some reason I never want to browse facebook on pc so I just use that 3rd party messenger app which is awesome

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean 2 GB RAM in total, or available for apps?

My 950 have 1,5 GB available for apps, and those (FB) apps takes about 20 seconds to start.

Not sure, probably total. In the Store under system requierements it says, that it needs 2 GB of RAM

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Your 950 has 3gig of ram, not 1.5gig. Any suspended apps will drop out of ram if the running app needs it, so there is no concept of ram 'available to apps'. Certainly no way to measure this, so I'm not sure what figure you're reading but it is not relevant.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
That's just a default. You'd need to measure the limit for the app concerned. I don't know any way of doing that, perhaps using external tools on the PC?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Not according to the MS description. Basically, it is the standard limit but can be different per app depending on the needs and possibly restrictions (so won't work with low memory devices). Since FB apps are limited to 2gig minimum devices, there will be a change in this figure for those apps. To what, exactly, I am unsure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb