W10 Mobile Download Hanging

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

The last two (15043 &15047) Fast Ring builds haven't downloaded for me - they both hang for hours during the download stage. I've tried everything from using the WDRT to wipe the phone and try updating from an earlier build, switching branches, removing the SIM and trying the above.. several times. I just can't get it to download! And the battery keeps draining like crazy while it hangs/"downloads"... Any tips? :angry:

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
No, two different providers. I've tried the DRT, resetting, removing my SIM. Still no good. It's making my phone red hot each time it hangs, causes the phone to slow down in general and slows other downloads to a snail's pace

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I did that twice. It hung at 42% for 24 hours the first time, then 96% the second... I've just tried an experiment. Turned off WiFi on my phone and tried to install Facebook and Messenger from the Store. Both are taking a long time to download (KB at a time) I think there may be a bigger issue. There's nothing wrong with my mobile data or home WiFi, both are perfectly fine and the phone was working beautifully without issues prior to trying to update to 15043

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
may be? but it took wdrt ok? once reload on wdrt are you able to install release ring at all?

WDRT works as expected, Windows Update downloads build 14393 without issues, then in the same reboot it installs the Fast Ring Confg, and then I can't download 15047. This happens every time I use the WDRT

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
my only suggestion is load 14393, update everything needed in store, and do a couple of reboots?
I used the WDRT, reverted to an old build, joined the Release Preview ring and installed 14393. I've now updated all apps in the store and rebooted several times. I'm hesitant to change to the Fast or Slow ring in case I encounter the same problem over again. However I'm determined to get to the bottom of it and succeed!

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'd give it a go again after 24 hours, have faith lol, I doubt it is a hardware issue if it is taking all other builds. Patience and determination is key here.

Ek-Balam

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
For what is worth - I was given a NOS 929 (Icon) free of charge and am trying to get it configed for use. I'm having the same exact problem(s) and had tried the same solution set. Updates wedge between 63 and 87%, and take 10-12 hours, sucks huge wifi bandwidth while doing so.

Would love to understand a fix and get this device usable again. Release 14955 is a non-op for me as the live tile updates are dead...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with my wife's 1520. Stuck at 65%. Or 72%. Will give it one more try, or its going the WDRT|/non-insider build. Too much hassle for her... and for me.

... !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa