Facebook stopped update for w10M

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
It's been almost 5 month no significant update on Facebook for w10m ! Does Facebook just drop its support for w10m? Or they just forgets that once they made an app for w10m? Facebook & messenger both are terrible slow & badly baked apps for w10m

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they have dropped W10M. They would announce it if they had. As with every other developer these days, iOS and Android get priority, that's all.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't think they have dropped W10M. They would announce it if they had. As with every other developer these days, iOS and Android get priority, that's all.
But their updating the pc app weekly it's received 3 updates the past week. Nothing for mobile

Idol 4s

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Look in the store. Mine didn't update either, but I've just reinstalled Facebook and got the latest version (looks pretty different now, top bar (contacts settings etc.) is now at the bottom and in the top a search bar is added (finally).
For some reason the auto update didn't work I guess...

You can also install the Facebook Beta app if you're interested.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I uninstalled & reinstall so many times but still messenger & Facebook apps crushing! Moreover it doesn't have latest features
Originally posted by WillemC
Look in the store. Mine didn't update either, but I've just reinstalled Facebook and got the latest version (looks pretty different now, top bar (contacts settings etc.) is now at the bottom and in the top a search bar is added (finally).

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

Are you serious?? Mine has been that way honestly since 2017 started. There hasn't been any mobile update for a while and it makes no sense.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
It's clear now they just dropped support for windows 10 mobile

Originally posted by pedmar007
Originally Posted by WillemC

Are you serious?? Mine has been that way honestly since 2017 started. There hasn't been any mobile update for a while and it makes no sense.

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
It's clear now they just dropped support for windows 10 mobile

Only recently have they *officially* dropped support for Windows Phone 8.1. It was announced in a public blog post.

I suppose you could argue that there are two kinds of "dropped support".

On the one hand, it may mean that a company has either stopped providing new features, or else has significantly slowed down the delivery of new features to an imperceptibly slow rate. In this case, it means that older apps will continue to do what they've always done. But as new features are rolled out for other operating systems, they may not be delivered to this operating system.

On the other hand, it may mean that a company has decided to stop providing the older versions of back-end online services that would have been needed to allow older versions of apps to continue functioning correctly. In effect, this means that the older apps would simply stop working, or at least they would begin losing access to previously available features.

Facebook has recently publicly announced the second form of dropped support for Windows Phone 8.1. I'm not aware of any such announcement for Windows 10 Mobile.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
The original poster of this thread is just being negative.. The PC version of the app got updated regularly so i assume those features will come to mobile eventually. Just like last year they will update the app on PC first and when PC is polished and working well, they will bring those fixes and improvements to mobile.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No he's being accurate. Features get added all the time on iOS and Android whilst Win10m gets nothing. And yes the pc version gets updated but still not to the level of the competitors. Why shouldn't he ask if the app's been forgotten for us because it sure feels like it

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The original poster of this thread is just being negative.. The PC version of the app got updated regularly so i assume those features will come to mobile eventually. Just like last year they will update the app on PC first and when PC is polished and working well, they will bring those fixes and improvements to mobile.
5 months tho? It doesn't take that long to make fixes on pc and then bring it over to mobile maybe a month and even that's being generous they've obviously stopped updates for whatever reason on mobile no explanation or anything

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
This was started by the troll of trolls here. The PC version does get updates, but mobile is at a new low for market share. It's not dropped. No one shies away from saying they are dropping support for us, why would Facebook? Chill.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
This was started by the troll of trolls here. The PC version does get updates, but mobile is at a new low for market share. It's not dropped. No one shies away from saying they are dropping support for us, why would Facebook? Chill.
They haven't said anything or updated the app in like half a year, even the beta that's suppose to be updated more often ahead of the main app... That indicates some kind of stop or pause of development....no communication from facebook or Microsoft on this situation either

Sent from Idol 4s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos