3rd party fb messenger app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I think some developers should come forward to make a good messenger app for Windows 10mobile ! Facebook just dropped support for windows 10mobile so no calling option, stability coming to this app! It would be great if some developers build a messenger app which can able to make call ! Is it possible ? I don't know! But need a 3rd party full featured stable fb messenger app for windows 10 mobile

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think Facebook allowed 3rd party developers to build apps that utilized their services. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was one of the reasons that MS got rid of the social media Hub found in WP7 and WP8.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Slim Social is a great app for Facebook and has the messenger built in. No notifications for the app but it works smooth and beautifully. I use this over the Official Facebook app and the messenger.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I need calling & live option! I don't like slim social! Microsoft edge better Facebook browser than slim social
Then Windows 10 Mobile is not the platform for you unfortunately.

Anyways, Facebook's chat API isn't available for developers and other third-parties to use so any third-party app probably isn't going to have calling nor live functionality.

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Um why would you need it if we have an official one which is quite good? But if you need one idap has a couple planned

The official one is quite good, but it still lacks that important voice and video call option. I don't really care much about that "Add to my day" bit tbh, but voice and video call option is a must have.

Voice and video call actually did briefly appeared on Messenger. I did have the chance to use it for a while, and it really didn't disappoint me. But it's not for long - they're gone after I closed that app. -_-

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
standards.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte