windows 10 arm - requires mobile?

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I am hearing a lot about full windows 10 on arm mobile devices. What I'm not fully understanding is that I was thinking that the 32 apps that people are so excited will run on arm are done via an emulator is that correct? If that is the case, is it really windows 10 full on arm or windows 10 mobile running win 32 apps via an emulator?

What I was thinking is that mobile will continue, continuum will be the key thing, that once docked devices that can emulate win32 apps will do so when docked and the mobile device is creating a laptop/pc experience in another screen. Just my view?

Have I understood this wrong?

Thanks.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I am hearing a lot about full windows 10 on arm mobile devices. What I'm not fully understanding is that I was thinking that the 32 apps that people are so excited will run on arm are done via an emulator is that correct? If that is the case, is it really windows 10 full on arm or windows 10 mobile running win 32 apps via an emulator?

What I was thinking is that mobile will continue, continuum will be the key thing, that once docked devices that can emulate win32 apps will do so when docked and the mobile device is creating a laptop/pc experience in another screen. Just my view?

Have I understood this wrong?

Thanks.
I completely misunderstood your post initially. I was like "which 32 apps? The top 32 favorite apps?" :)

There was a long technical discussion on how the x86 emulation works for Win10 on Arm, and the consensus seems to be.. we don't know. Edit: found it! Thread gets kind of cranky halfway, and cheerier again near the end.

For some of the things that might be possible with Win10 on ARM, see this thread that I made earlier.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss