lumia 950xl att tethering unlock?

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the new unlimited plan so its disabling my tethering - I tried to enable it using the interop tools but it still gives me the same error (call your carriet, not allowed etc)

is there a work around for this? Thanks guys !

Lumia 950xl dual sim

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
What method using IT have you done exactly?

Normally it's the below....
HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings

EntitlementRequired = 0

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Wonder if the new plan has a toggle or your phone is not seen as a capable phone...? Usually when we got that problem I had to call att and update them with the sim card ID and the imei of the phone on the phone number.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
EntitlementRequired = 0
DedicatedConnections = blank (literally nothing)

The new ATT unlimited plan is not supposed to enable tethering - but I was hoping there would be a work around

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to this plan about a week ago and it was working fine and it just stopped this morning. Was hoping they wouldnt block it for windows 10 phones - so not sure if they caught on or what happened

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not sure yet either. Was the reg setting there before and if it was not changed before you upgraded and worked then now a week later into it blocked AT&T is doing something to manage it from their end it seems. I bet there is still a work around though.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The new ATT unlimited plan is not supposed to enable tethering - but I was hoping there would be a work around

The new AT&T unlimited plan actually does allow tethering, up to 10GB. Discussing workarounds for tethering when it isn't allowed is prohibited here, but it's a non issue in this case since tethering is allowed.

That said, if your phone is factory unlocked (I'm assuming it is), tethering should work either way. Do you have another phone available you can put your SIM card in to test tethering? Have you used 10GB via tethering?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The new AT&T unlimited plan actually does allow tethering, up to 10GB. Discussing workarounds for tethering when it isn't allowed is prohibited here, but it's a non issue in this case since tethering is allowed.

That said, if your phone is factory unlocked (I'm assuming it is), tethering should work either way. Do you have another phone available you can put your SIM card in to test tethering? Have you used 10GB via tethering?

I was pretty sure of that too. This happens on iphones too that I have owned. When I switch the sim card in to one or out from one to a Windows phone or vice versa. That is why I think the AT&T end may have something to do with it. Not necessarily meaning it is blocked and not allowed on the unlimited plan, but just provisioning for some reason. Maybe when the account upgraded, all the devices refreshed. Could just try giving AT&T the imei again for that phone line. Might work after that.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So apparently i was on the unlimited plan which was started in january which did have 10 gb but then it turned off after the fact. But they upgraded me to this new Feb unlimited ATT plan which has 10gb then it gets throttled - and its 40$ .... so apparently im good to go now. Its working again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros