MS Maps issues

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a 950xl, maps used to work fine. Now the directions and GPS lock seem to work but the map display of my location is laggy and horribly inaccurate. Seems to be the app not the phone as Copilot seems to work just fine. Is there a did to this I don't know about? Same issue on fast and slow ring builds.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It's all beta and buggy.

Now it cannot find directions if there is no stable internet connection. Even if you have downloaded the offline maps.

Never had such problems with Here maps or old Nokia maps. Time to move to Android or iOS.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine finds directions just fine. It's the map tracking that is jacked up. I'll leave Windows Phone 10 when they pry it from my cold dead hands. I try ios and android about every 6mos, they have absolutely nothing to offer. I still feel Windows Phone has far more potential than anything else. I'll use Copilot while MS figures out their Maps.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
We are talking Maps app here, and unfortunately it can no longer compete with Here Maps or Google Maps.

Nokia/Here maps was always a selling point for phones not on ios or android. No longer so. While Apple maps is still cràp, Google maps is the way to go. Microsoft has very mediocre software quality recently.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
My 950xl updated to the latest build of the fast ring and now Maps is working just as good as ever. Glad someone out there is listening 😁

Scott Meesey

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I just got an update yesterday and my GPS hasn't been working since. Can't get point by point directions and my Endomondo app ... well, let's just say the route mapped was not accurate and made me look like The Flash.

I have the Lumia 950 (regular sized) with Version 1607 OS build 10.0.14393.953.

What OS build were you on and what build do you have now?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I just got an update yesterday and my GPS hasn't been working since. Can't get point by point directions and my Endomondo app ... well, let's just say the route mapped was not accurate and made me look like The Flash.

I have the Lumia 950 (regular sized) with Version 1607 OS build 10.0.14393.953.

What OS build were you on and what build do you have now?

Scott, @fulnix is on Fast Ring, that would put him on Insider Build: 15055 at the time on his post.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed major issues with the voice directions on my Lumia 650 today, which has previously been great even over long journeys (last used about 2 months ago).

Today there were two occasions' where the voice directions simply didn't make sense, firstly telling me to keep left on a dual carriage way (UK) when it meant to keep right (the on-screen map is correct, and the direction route is correct, its just the voice command which is incorrect). Then later down the same road it tells me to "turn right now" despite there being no right turn and the on screen map showing that it should have said "keep left, then take the fourth exit at the roundabout".

The voice command did tell me to take the fourth exit at the roundabout eventually, but only after I had kept left, not turned right as it had instructed.

Frankly this is just unsafe. Voice directions shouldn't contradict what the on-screen map is showing. I've decided not to use the maps app until this gets sorted, as it left me completely confused as to where I was supposed to be driving, and I had to spend far too much time analysing the on screen map than is safe for me to do IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos