Outlook Mobile app not working since the service collapsed on March 21, 2017

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same, I've missed a few emails today. What I did was the date trick. So adjust the year forward 100 years, force sync outlook until the triangle is gone and it'll look like it's just trying to retrieve emails, it's gonna get stuck there so close the app from multitask then change back to correct date and boom! Got my emails now.

Turns out the fix was to set it 'out of date' to fix 'out of date'. Ironic isn't it.

Confirm this has worked for me.

Thanks to fellow ambassador @libra89 for linking this thread, i was dreading a hard reset... setting up 2FA on over dozen accounts... is so darn time consuming :grincry:.

As well thanks to @travis_valkyrie for posting!

What I did was the date trick as mentioned and then a soft reset, which automatically put the date/time back to automatic :).

Also @Lexa Ru for posting in this thread below, credit where credit is due :) :

Outlook account settings out of date

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Those that are hard resetting, removing accounts immediately, is it so bad that you need to do something straight away? I find just waiting it out, will settle itself out.

OkCalis

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Same, I've missed a few emails today. What I did was the date trick. So adjust the year forward 100 years, force sync outlook until the triangle is gone and it'll look like it's just trying to retrieve emails, it's gonna get stuck there so close the app from multitask then change back to correct date and boom! Got my emails now.

Turns out the fix was to set it 'out of date' to fix 'out of date'. Ironic isn't it.

That actually worked! Thanks.

Travis' solution worked... for like a day. Now, I'm having the same problem again.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Those that are hard resetting, removing accounts immediately, is it so bad that you need to do something straight away? I find just waiting it out, will settle itself out.
Haha. I agree...i just wanted it fixed fast. If removing re-adding the account failed I would have left it at that...

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, here is how i fix my phone and is working for 3 days now without problem. Mail and Calendar are syncing without any problem (my phone: Lumia 950, not insider)

* You have to be connected to internet (data or wi-fi) all the time

Fixing "Your Outlook account is out of date"
- Go to All Settings
- Search: Date and Time (enter in)
- Turn off "Set date and time automatically" (if turned ON)
- Set the year manually to 2018 or above (not 2016 or bellow)
- Mail and calendar should start syncing right away. After that is don go back and set the date back to the current year.
- Turn back ON "Automatically set date and time" (if you want, this is optional)

Now, the issue that will occur after, is that the Calendar tile will show the date (and day) from the 2018, here is how to fix that:
- Unpin the Calendar tile
- Go to All Settings>Time and language>Date & Time
- Turn off "Set date and time automatically".
- Change date to 1 day and 1 month further. For example, now is 23.03.2017, change to 24.04.2017.
- Exit "Date and time"
- Go to App list, pin Calendar tile back. It supposed to show just the icon for Calendar (or maybe the old date)
- Go back to "Date and time", set the correct date back and close "All Settings".
- This is OPTIONAL: Go back to "Date and Time", and turn back ON "Set date and time automatically"
- Calendar tile should now show the correct date.

Hope this will fix the bug completely. I fix it like this on my phone, and calendar and mail app are syncing without problem for 3 days now.
*DO NOT delete the email on mail app, you might lose all your contacts.
*DO NOT hard reset your phone, this fix is working.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
well, it does work for me, and today mail and calendar had update.
Try to put eas.outlook.com for Server, dunno.
Or don't turn back ON Set date and time automatically, leave it to manual, see how it goes.

Last edited:

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got a different issue with the app after recent update.

One of my accounts (O365 account) just doesnt send any messages out. Even when I send test message to myself, it doesnt arrive and is not even in Sent Items or Draft.

It works fine with one of the IMAP account and also with Outlook.com account, just O365 is not working well.

the app is seriously broken and is unusable in the latest version. I hope MS fixes this asap!

EDIT: All of a sudden, it started to work fine again. Very strange. I was working for several days on archiving about 50k email messages from my Inbox into PSTs, so might be some syncing delay....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It looks like they are tweaking the backend as I have had these issues along with Skype somehow setting my status to online on my phone but it has randomly stopped... setting my status to online and that happened at the same time when my outlook issues stopped.

Therefore if you have these issues it may be best to leave it for a day or two and it may stop without user intervention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs