I almost never use the app, I go with the browser 99% of the time. But I like to have my phone connected (with notifications turned off) via the app for all of the contact info. The store is telling me it requires hardware that my 830 doesn't have. It will let me download if though, but not let me review it or rate it. What is my phone lacking to run a freaking FB app?
    03-30-2017 07:37 AM
    Ah, just noticed the 2 GB requirement. Neat.
    03-30-2017 07:39 AM
    Try a third party app called SlimSocial. I hear that it is pretty good.
    greedo_greedy likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:26 AM
    Agree, the you must try Slim Social for Facebook.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8?ocid=9nblggh4vmr8_ORSEARCH_Bing

It's a web wrapper but it's zippy and does not crash
    libra89 likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:59 AM
    The FB app is a steaming pile of dog crap burning in a dumpster fire adjacent to a train wreck. Does that about cover it?

I'd post that as a review on the Store, but I'm not allowed to review as my device does not meet the min 2gb requirement.
    DallasXanadu likes this.
    03-30-2017 10:11 AM
    Agree, the you must try Slim Social for Facebook.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8?ocid=9nblggh4vmr8_ORSEARCH_Bing

It's a web wrapper but it's zippy and does not crash
    I've been using Slim Social for a few days. Don't really see any advantage over the browser really. Plus, I can't delete comments or save pictures using it.
    04-08-2017 12:04 AM
    I've been using Slim Social for a few days. Don't really see any advantage over the browser really. Plus, I can't delete comments or save pictures using it.
    black theme
    04-08-2017 01:27 AM
    I can't delete comments or save pictures using it.
    Neither are true.
    Deleting own comments is straight forward. We can't delete a friends comment, but it can't be done in the official app either.

For pictures, there are two ways
    1. Tap on the picture, it opens down into a smaller size where you should find the option to "View full size". You'll able to save the photos then.
    2 If tapping on the picture doesn't work, then tap on the "comment", again it goes to "view full size" mode..
    3. To save FB video, tap on it. Look for the three dots (bottom right) and follow the prompts to save video...

... !!
    libra89 likes this.
    04-08-2017 04:08 AM
    Neither are true.
    Deleting own comments is straight forward. We can't delete a friends comment, but it can't be done in the official app either.

For pictures, there are two ways
    1. Tap on the picture, it opens down into a smaller size where you should find the option to "View full size". You'll able to save the photos then.
    2 If tapping on the picture doesn't work, then tap on the "comment", again it goes to "view full size" mode..
    3. To save FB video, tap on it. Look for the three dots (bottom right) and follow the prompts to save video...

... !!
    Nope. Gives me the edit/delete option. Tapping either one does nothing. Holding on a pic, even "full size", does nothing also.
    04-08-2017 07:45 AM
    I guess the bottom line is all things being equal (which they're actually not in this case) I'd rather save a bookmark than install an app.
    04-08-2017 10:05 AM
    Holding on a pic, even "full size", does nothing also.
    You're almost there if you can open the pictures in full size
    Look for the three dots

... !!
    04-08-2017 10:42 AM
    Bingo, I was trying the press and hold method. Now if I could just delete my comments. I sometimes have commenters remorse.
    raycpl likes this.
    04-08-2017 11:18 AM
    Bingo, I was trying the press and hold method. Now if I could just delete my comments. I sometimes have commenters remorse.
    Glad to help out.
    Long press doesn't work in slim social. Dev's design choice, I suppose.

... !!
    04-08-2017 11:38 AM