What's up with the FB app?

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I almost never use the app, I go with the browser 99% of the time. But I like to have my phone connected (with notifications turned off) via the app for all of the contact info. The store is telling me it requires hardware that my 830 doesn't have. It will let me download if though, but not let me review it or rate it. What is my phone lacking to run a freaking FB app?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The FB app is a steaming pile of dog crap burning in a dumpster fire adjacent to a train wreck. Does that about cover it?

I'd post that as a review on the Store, but I'm not allowed to review as my device does not meet the min 2gb requirement.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I can't delete comments or save pictures using it.

Neither are true.
Deleting own comments is straight forward. We can't delete a friends comment, but it can't be done in the official app either.

For pictures, there are two ways
1. Tap on the picture, it opens down into a smaller size where you should find the option to "View full size". You'll able to save the photos then.
2 If tapping on the picture doesn't work, then tap on the "comment", again it goes to "view full size" mode..
3. To save FB video, tap on it. Look for the three dots (bottom right) and follow the prompts to save video...

... !!

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Neither are true.
Deleting own comments is straight forward. We can't delete a friends comment, but it can't be done in the official app either.

For pictures, there are two ways
1. Tap on the picture, it opens down into a smaller size where you should find the option to "View full size". You'll able to save the photos then.
2 If tapping on the picture doesn't work, then tap on the "comment", again it goes to "view full size" mode..
3. To save FB video, tap on it. Look for the three dots (bottom right) and follow the prompts to save video...

... !!

Nope. Gives me the edit/delete option. Tapping either one does nothing. Holding on a pic, even "full size", does nothing also.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I guess the bottom line is all things being equal (which they're actually not in this case) I'd rather save a bookmark than install an app.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Holding on a pic, even "full size", does nothing also.

You're almost there if you can open the pictures in full size
Look for the three dots

KDkqMS0.jpg

... !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel