04-14-2017 08:48 PM
57 123
tools
    I understand Microsoft has a goal in mind, but.... first, I don't like the steady decline on the soul of Windows phone. I got in with 8 at the recommendation of someone that started with 7. He liked the "hubs" like "People" where facebook was far more integrated and ALL messaging could come into one box, color coded for the type of message; Text, FB, e-mail, etc. He is on 10 now and things like Local Scout are gone. Many of the things he loved are gone. I tried 10 and came back to 8.1, not seeing what I wanted (still no printing) and seeing things disappear (can't swipe between multiple pics in an e-mail) just to name a few. As far as business, sure MS can have a master plan but keeping WP alive until then would be a good idea. A good part of the market doesn't want to hear "Sure we left WP users high and dry last time but THIS time will be different!!". The drop in market share and decline and dropping of support of apps is directly related to the non-presence of affordable phones in the marketplace. Who is going to buy a WP when there is maybe one to choose from? Who is going to develop for them when there is no market share?
    libra89 likes this.
    04-06-2017 10:01 PM
    It sucks we even have to have this conversation but outside of going iOS or Android, we can always go back to flip phones and these:

04-08-2017 05:14 PM
    Comments like these add nothing to the conversation, sorry. They clearly have not given up but are changing strategy. These things take time.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    good luck waiting for that time
    04-12-2017 08:11 AM
    I feel completely.ripped off at this point. I was all in on the whole Microsoft ecosystem. Not anymore. There is no advantage to holding on to my 950xl at this point other than to just be stubborn and tell people I'm not using android or an iDevice. I'm at a stage where I want stuff to work right more than I want bragging rights that I'm using a fringe device with an ever increasing apo gap, a camera that freezes periodically, a gps that sucks worse than my old tomtom from the mid 2000s, a phone that regularly reboots itself when I need it, sms software that just closes at will, a pop up keyboard that frequently doesn't pop up and a whole list of other cool "features" brought by the updates in this ever so active OS.

Forget it, ms screwed us by selling a flagship phone and trashing it. They don't care about it, why should I?
    04-12-2017 05:18 PM
    I feel completely.ripped off at this point. I was all in on the whole Microsoft ecosystem. Not anymore. There is no advantage to holding on to my 950xl at this point other than to just be stubborn and tell people I'm not using android or an iDevice. I'm at a stage where I want stuff to work right more than I want bragging rights that I'm using a fringe device with an ever increasing apo gap, a camera that freezes periodically, a gps that sucks worse than my old tomtom from the mid 2000s, a phone that regularly reboots itself when I need it, sms software that just closes at will, a pop up keyboard that frequently doesn't pop up and a whole list of other cool "features" brought by the updates in this ever so active OS.

Forget it, ms screwed us by selling a flagship phone and trashing it. They don't care about it, why should I?
    Sucks you had such a miserable experience with your phone. That's not exactly an accurate representation of Windows Mobile in general though. Not every Pinto exploded.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    libra89, TgeekB, SeeVuPlay and 1 others like this.
    04-14-2017 12:27 PM
    Not every Pinto exploded.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    No, but every Pinto was a potential death trap. Simple common since engineering would have saved many lives. For knew that even in the design phase.

I am not sure how to compare this to Win 10 mobile other than MS knew the OS was not ready when they launched the OS. I have been involved in enough OS launches to know when a product is ready and not ready. Microsoft knows this as well.
    04-14-2017 08:02 PM
    No, but every Pinto was a potential death trap. Simple common since engineering would have saved many lives. For knew that even in the design phase.

I am not sure how to compare this to Win 10 mobile other than MS knew the OS was not ready when they launched the OS. I have been involved in enough OS launches to know when a product is ready and not ready. Microsoft knows this as well.
    The poster basically trashed all 950s because he has issues with his. That's what my Pinto reference was about. Speaking of, Ford did not know at the design stage. It was discovered after the first incidents. That they figured it was cheaper to settle cases than do a recall is something else altogether. BTW, the bumper brackets were redesigned after the '75 model.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    04-14-2017 08:48 PM
57 123