Microsoft Wallet Tap to Pay?

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use the BoA app and like it a lot. Because I have an Icon I can't use the tap to pay. If that changes I'll be on board of course :)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Is it accepted everywhere that accepts tap to pay or do certain businesses only accept certain platforms?

Actually that's a good question. I think it's a combination of the two. As far as I know Windows 10 Mobile uses a standard that a lot of businesses use, and that automatically makes tap to pay work. However, there are some businesses who use other standards, meaning they only work with Apple Pay or Samsung Pay or other platforms.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I too use Bank Of America with MS Wallet / Tap To Pay. Works very well.

"Is it accepted everywhere that accepts tap to pay or do certain businesses only accept certain platforms?"

In New York I think I've only encountered one place that supposedly didn't accept my phone and was iPhone-only. I don't think I even bothered trying. But generally if you see the symbol(s) it should work.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I too use Bank Of America with MS Wallet / Tap To Pay. Works very well.

"Is it accepted everywhere that accepts tap to pay or do certain businesses only accept certain platforms?"

In New York I think I've only encountered one place that supposedly didn't accept my phone and was iPhone-only. I don't think I even bothered trying. But generally if you see the symbol(s) it should work.

I have BOA and have loaded the card but have yet to use it.......I think I'll go buy something this weekend and take it for a test drive....(seeing it's on my daily driver) (pun intended lol)

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I have tap to pay working on my backup phone (Galaxy S5); it now works in Canada; it was super simple to set up; took 5 minutes.
Question: is there any way to get this working on my 950 XL? Both of my Credit Cards are 'tap' cards (don't need to insert and PIN). Is there some 'work around' to get them into my Wallet? I have all my points cards working fine; i just want somehow to add payment cards...

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Most cards have tap to pay these days. There are also two smart rings with tap to pay now - kerv and nfc ring, and some banks make mini cards that stick to the back of your phone, if for some reason you find a normal card sitting in your phone case an objectionable concept.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@darrell reimer I'm pretty sure the bank needs to approve/support it as well. I used to bug TD a lot about having support for Windows but it's always a ok, we'll put to developers for consideration

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb