Windows 10 Mobile Devices and Shutting Down

iHReehan

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why it takes longer to shut down a Windows 10 Mobile Phone (950 XL, etc) than it does to shut a nuclear reactor down? I've tested multiple devices and even with hard resets, it takes forever for the devices to shut down. Does anyone know the reason behind this?

Yes it does

gregsedwards

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why it takes longer to shut down a Windows 10 Mobile Phone (950 XL, etc) than it does to shut a nuclear reactor down? I've tested multiple devices and even with hard resets, it takes forever for the devices to shut down. Does anyone know the reason behind this?

I've noticed this from time to time with my Lumia 950 and with previous models over the years, and I've speculated it was due to some errant Bluetooth driver.

Often I was rebooting to fix an audio issue, and that's when it would take an age to shut down. I wouldn't hear the Bluetooth "disconnected" tone until it completely shut down.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 930 (Windows 10 Mobile) is totally random as to how long it takes.

It's never quick but sometimes it does indeed take forever.

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine can take up to 3 min. I thought I was the only one. It seems to get stuck on the Goodbye screen - like it fighting for its life and doesn't want to go in dustbin of history. It's almost sad.

DE LA ROCKA

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

ages, bro. it takes ages.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

yes, i think it cancel background apps then shutdown..for eg: flash on then shutdown. so if u have less open apps its little bit fast to shutdown

tribexx

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Just went side by side with my Moto X Pure...

950XL - 30 secs to close. about a minute to start
Moto X - 1 min to close. almost 3-1/2 minutes to start

Luk Tanguy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Using a Lumia 930 and a Lumia 950 xl. Between the two, I realised that sometimes the 950 xl takes time to shut down. It doesn't happen all the time, but only sometimes, during a random shut down. So you need to look deeply in this issue.

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Some days my device shuts down in a matter of seconds. Other days it's a few min, once it took 5 min to shut off. I'm sitting there like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!"

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My Idon 4S takes awhile to shutdown two older Lumia phones that i had upgraded to Windows 10 mobile a Lumia 640 LTE and a Lumia 830 never had the problem.

Cosmin Petrenciuc

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, on my Lumia 950 XL, from time to time, the shutdown process takes a lot of time. I discovered that if I restart my phone every two or three days I won't experience a long shutdown time.

Benjie Foster

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site

Yes my 950 can take 40s to a minute to shut down not all the time but most of the time

Last edited by a moderator:

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

You have a 950/XL which should have one of the fastest shutdown times. Open back, pull battery. Done! :p

All kidding aside, I just checked my 950 and it took 51 seconds to shut down. This was actually one of the better times that I've noticed. It usually takes longer.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
fortunately I don't feel compelled to shut down very often... When I do, it's cause I've been into a lot of stuff and something is not quite working the way I want it...

Shutdown's shortly after a boot up are pretty quick :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3