Microsoft well known for breaking promise

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Again Microsoft disappoint its fans! Microsoft will not rollout creator update for all Lumia devices! So another time Microsoft slap its fan & telling them just move on from windows phone buy an android or iPhone!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Idk this is in line with what they have been telling us :) The 950/XL are phones that will probably get full support moving on, but RS3 or maybe 4 (if there is a 4) might also change that.

They're clearly moving away from the whole windows mobile image :/

Sad for the 930's though. While it might not be able to handle every upcoming w10 feature, I still considered it a solid phone

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
So basically all windows 10 updated Lumia phones are outdated now
Originally posted by ven07
Idk this is in line with what they have been telling us :) The 950/XL are phones that will probably get full support moving on, but RS3 or maybe 4 (if there is a 4) might also change that.

They're clearly moving away from the whole windows mobile image :/

Sad for the 930's though. While it might not be able to handle every upcoming w10 feature, I still considered it a solid phone

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
OR the devices with outdated hardware that could cause issues with said devices don't get the update because it's the smart thing to do. Why the hell do they care about phones that can't handle the features they are clearly driving forward with their mobile vision(there is one, it's clear. Stop being bitter). MS doesn't owe you guys something just because you bought a phone from them. If your device doesn't support Continuum, it's old. Deal.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Who cares continum ?
Originally posted by Allen Rhodes
OR the devices with outdated hardware that could cause issues with said devices don't get the update because it's the smart thing to do. Why the hell do they care about phones that can't handle the features they are clearly driving forward with their mobile vision(there is one, it's clear. Stop being bitter). MS doesn't owe you guys something just because you bought a phone from them. If your device doesn't support Continuum, it's old. Deal.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've said the following in another thread:

I'm not bitter about my Lumia 930 not officially getting the Creators Update, I knew the time would come when support would be dropped. I'm just frustrated that the upgrade path is either lower end devices, high end devices dogged by reliability issues or the device is so damn expensive that I can't justify getting one. I'll continue using my 930 until the 25th and then I'll be using my Nexus 5X full time, not something I want to do but I'm out of options for W10M.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I've said the following in another thread:

I'm not bitter about my Lumia 930 not officially getting the Creators Update, I knew the time would come when support would be dropped. I'm just frustrated that the upgrade path is either lower end devices, high end devices dogged by reliability issues or the device is so damn expensive that I can't justify getting one. I'll continue using my 930 until the 25th and then I'll be using my Nexus 5X full time, not something I want to do but I'm out of options for W10M.
U can help with the cerulean momento :)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
The real fans bought the 950/950xls. They are just abandoning people that only got on board because of Nokia and want to hold on to their Nokia phones. No one is left doing the firmware updates for these phones, the company is gone therefore the company won't support them.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Its pretty discouraging, I've got to admit. Guess I should be able to take a hint. I use an Icon because its the highest-end (and other than the 735) only WM option available to me in Verizon country. There is no GSM coverage in my area. My phone is dead-ended, and I have no upgrade path. Beginning to honestly believe that Microsoft just wants windows mobile to go away. If there were a path forward, I'd take it - because I so like the platform. For years now I've dreamed of a windows phone flagship, but yeah, I guess I can take a hint.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Its pretty discouraging, I've got to admit. Guess I should be able to take a hint. I use an Icon because its the highest-end (and other than the 735) only WM option available to me in Verizon country. There is no GSM coverage in my area. My phone is dead-ended, and I have no upgrade path. Beginning to honestly believe that Microsoft just wants windows mobile to go away. If there were a path forward, I'd take it - because I so like the platform. For years now I've dreamed of a windows phone flagship, but yeah, I guess I can take a hint.

might be a "great time" to get your hands on a 950/950XL, I understand they are sell pretty cheap in areas?

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The real fans bought the 950/950xls. They are just abandoning people that only got on board because of Nokia and want to hold on to their Nokia phones. No one is left doing the firmware updates for these phones, the company is gone therefore the company won't support them.

What a lame comment, most ppl bought 950/950XL when they just literally gave away those devices for pennies, but these devices had limited availability on other countries(NON US), India and China were biggest markets after US, these devices were mostly out of stock or marked with skyrocket prices, so while MS was giving away 950 free with 950XL at an incredible price in US, 950 was out of stock in India while 950XL was more costlier than iphone 7/galaxy s7 edge.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd much rather prefer that Microsoft stop teasing us with features and innovation (which may or may not be delivered) and simply unveil a product when it is immediately available for launch.

- Mouse and keyboard on Xbox one
- Office on Xbox (not that we need it, but why tease it and have it never show up).
- 3D scanning app
- Groove music maker
- All the other dropped features from Creator's update, etc.

Why tip your had to the competition / disappoint consumers time after time?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

How dare you tell me I'm not a real fan, I was on board with the original release of WP7. The 950/950XL is not a reliable device as evidenced by people having 5+ devices and still having issues.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Like Neo158 said.. we should've seen this coming. All the 'old' devices were going to lose support at some point. MS's trackrecord speaks for itself in this case :p

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
How dare you tell me I'm not a real fan, I was on board with the original release of WP7. The 950/950XL is not a reliable device as evidenced by people having 5+ devices and still having issues.

But you wouldn't know it's not reliable till you got them.
And they weren't for the first year. But the fans jumped on them right away. Those are the people MS cares about. The people who always want the latest and greatest from them. Just like those who get the newest iphones every year.

And those complaining about Verizon you need to try other carriers like AT&T. I don't live there so don't know about reliability and such but I have a choice of many carriers here. Verizon doesn't like to play nice. There are even reports of them testing malware that they would pre-install. Pretty crazy.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
But you wouldn't know it's not reliable till you got them.
And they weren't for the first year. But the fans jumped on them right away. Those are the people MS cares about. The people who always want the latest and greatest from them. Just like those who get the newest iphones every year.

And those complaining about Verizon you need to try other carriers like AT&T. I don't live there so don't know about reliability and such but I have a choice of many carriers here. Verizon doesn't like to play nice. There are even reports of them testing malware that they would pre-install. Pretty crazy.

So you're only a real fan if you buy a horribly broken phone at launch? Well done for insulting the entire community with one comment!!!!!!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
So you're only a real fan if you buy a horribly broken phone at launch? Well done for insulting the entire community with one comment!!!!!!

Yah that's how MS sees it, like it or not. You sticking around with some old phone instead of getting the latest phone that they reveal means you're not worth it. This phone was the most powerful at the time, had this cool continuum feature and this is the first time they revealed a flagship in YEARS. You still didn't buy it. You had no idea whether the phone was going to have issues or not, you just didn't buy it. The issues were being brought up slowly over time, especially as newer builds came in. But you never knew this at launch and you didn't support them. To them it looked like there was no market for phones even with their hardcore audience. And they started pulling back and getting rid of stock with ridiculous price cuts.

I'm not saying you're a fan or not on my own volition. I'm telling you what it looks like to MS. To MS it looked like it was just a Nokia crowd that didn't care for MS products but wanted to keep that Nokia nostalgia.

My 950XL is great. It took them a year to get it right no doubt. Surface Book had a lot of growing pains too, but it sold like crazy, because there was demand.

There is no demand for windows phone, just accept that. It is dead. I always had some hope but man I realize that it's impossible. Windows mobile will be erased by windows 10 on arm. And a consumer hololens is the only thing that can make UWP really take off if any future mobile devices have any chance of having an app ecosystem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss