Is not just the App Gap, is also the Quality of Apps

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Today, I used Uber on my father's iPhone and I was impressed. The app was FAST, beautiful, animated, and really easy to use. Compared to that, the WM10 app looks like garbage.

Why developers don't put the same effort on making the apps as beautiful as the other platforms. :straight:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Today, I used Uber on my father's iPhone and I was impressed. The app was FAST, beautiful, animated, and really easy to use. Compared to that, the WM10 app looks like garbage.

Why developers don't put the same effort on making the apps as beautiful as the other platforms. :straight:

To some of the developers, it might be possible that the point is that it is there and that it generally works.

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

The answer is, less than 1% of the market. That's the real answer. Why should they put any effort into it for such little return?

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Exactly, although I understand why they put so little effort into an app that's basically being used by so few people. Just like your "Uber" example, my insurance company's app is totally different. On the Android app I can split payments and set up so many different options, while my WP app is as basic as it gets.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, although I understand why they put so little effort into an app that's basically being used by so few people. Just like your "Uber" example, my insurance company's app is totally different. On the Android app I can split payments and set up so many different options, while my WP app is as basic as it gets.

I fully understand this and agree with you, but can't you do that on your computer? Are you in a situation where you only have a smartphone for these types of transactions?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't think a small market share is really an excuse to not update apps, and keep them on par with iOS and Android. If a developer is going to bother with Windows 10 Mobiles, then they need to do it right or not bother at all!

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I fully understand this and agree with you, but can't you do that on your computer? Are you in a situation where you only have a smartphone for these types of transactions?

Yes, I do but that wasn't really my point. An example though of when the app does make a difference is when buying a new car for my daughter. The dealership required insurance info that I could just pull up on my phone, unfortunately the same app on my 950 doesn't have all that. Now I can pretty much work around any app situation( except my work) but I guess I'm spoiled by convienance. Lol. I do rough it though some days because I just miss the 950.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I do but that wasn't really my point. An example though of when the app does make a difference is when buying a new car for my daughter. The dealership required insurance info that I could just pull up on my phone, unfortunately the same app on my 950 doesn't have all that. Now I can pretty much work around any app situation( except my work) but I guess I'm spoiled by convienance. Lol. I do rough it though some days because I just miss the 950.

Fully understand convenience. Technology has given us convenience while at the same time handcuffing us into thinking we "need" it. I'm trying to find a comfortable middle ground where I don't feel I'm being forced to use it all the time just for the privilege of purchasing a product or service, but its not easy. I think that's why I stick with WM as it gives me what I need without overwhelming me with too much. I don't find myself looking at my phone every 5 minutes yet I get by with necessities. Its certainly a personal choice though and we all have different scenarios in our lives. That's why its good to have choices.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
One thing that I will say makes it a little better is the ability to create live tiles from web pages with whatever logo from the site you want.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can we talk about the quality of first party apps? I can't count how many times I've been sent a picture of a restaurant menu asking
"what do you want"
And I reply with exactly what I want.
Only for them to come back to work with nothing because
"you never texted me back!"
Even though I clearly did
Windows 10 is such ****.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Can we talk about the quality of first party apps? I can't count how many times I've been sent a picture of a restaurant menu asking
"what do you want"
And I reply with exactly what I want.
Only for them to come back to work with nothing because
"you never texted me back!"
Even though I clearly did
Windows 10 is such ****.

Is texting a common problem on W10 because I've never experienced it?

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
have you seen fishermen fishing in the dead sea ?

you should have good environment in the sea before you complain you can't eat fishes in the restaurant

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon