Predictive text

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me, or does predictive text on 10 mobile feel inferior to 8.1? Instead of suggestions based on what I've typed, it seems quite certain that I've mistyped and suggests words with completely different letters, right up until I only have one or two letters left. On a positive note, it is relearning my particular world, and now knows that Margarita Tuesday is a thing. However, it no longer suggests the poop emoji after I type "I have to..." That always made me smile.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
they tried, and failed -obviously, inevitably- to improve it >worlds best touch kb< so go figure, this happened

apparently they cant roll it back either, Im sure they have seen the feedback, and if they used w10m at least for a while on TH1-2 they were very aware of the damage they've made

Tjalsma

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Predictive texting is horrible compared to the WP8 days. I've got used to it for the most part. However, I will occasionally use my iPhone and get reminded of how horrid it actually is.

Remember, this is the by-product of an "all inclusive" OS. This is one of the many problems of adopting a PC OS into mobile hardware. Predictive text isn't nearly as necessary on PCs, tablets, or laptops as it is on mobile devices.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
It has undoubtedly changed for the worse. I definitely find myself having to change the selection more often and it's quite regular that the word I want isn't even in the suggestion list when obviously more obscure words are.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or does predictive text on 10 mobile feel inferior to 8.1? Instead of suggestions based on what I've typed, it seems quite certain that I've mistyped and suggests words with completely different letters, right up until I only have one or two letters left. On a positive note, it is relearning my particular world, and now knows that Margarita Tuesday is a thing. However, it no longer suggests the poop emoji after I type "I have to..." That always made me smile.

Yes. It has gotten a lot worse. Even Swipe has gotten worse.

da1stprince

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
absolutely is! This is one of the first things I noticed right away about win10 Mobile... was definitely a better, more accurate experience on older 8.1.

tal99

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
me too: I really struggle with the Win 10 mobile keyboard with wordflow. It was really great in WP 8.1. I thought it is only related to the German keyboard but reading feedback here it seems it is for all languages?

lubbalots

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely! I use WordFlow on ios. Both the prediction and swipe are horrendous! Though WordFlow due have great features. And yes I've sent many complaints not with no response!

LexaSap

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I am only using it since I got the Lumia950 and I was a happy man back then. But during the last months it got worse. Where in the beginning windows gave a prediction of the word I was typing AND some logical next words already, it now suggest words that I never use, have nothing to do with what I am typing and most of all annoying: are full of crap.

For some reason my phone added OO as a word. It drives me mad. A word as 'on' gets written as OO in 95% of the time. You'll be amazed how many times you use on.

I recently bought an Android tablet since a lot of equipment really need Android or iOs to be able to remotely operate it. I installed Swype after years not having used that. Man, it felt like coming home. That's how it's done. When I switch from Dutch to English, Swype switches automatically with me without the need of choosing another language.

Tijanna720

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
it has gotten a lot worse from 8.1, it constantly tries to "correct" words that are spelled correctly to words that aren't even real. swipe sucks too. used to be able to swipe lol easily. now it insists I want the word loo

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The absolute worst is when it tries to put "It's" into the middle of a sentence when I want to type "its." How does a bug like that even get introduced? Why does it force me to use the wrong word grammatically? Why does it capitalize a word in the middle of the sentence? It's incredibly frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)