So this happened... They didn't forget Mobile, huh...

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
2017-08-4--22-33-54.jpeg

Creators Update.

I don't know.. After all this negativity and following Mobile related news like crazy and then feeling sad because of how things are going, small hints come out here and there which gives me a feeling that Mobile isn't neglected.

Something is really going on

Something cool!

Also check this out - A cryptic tweet by John? MAYBE!!!! He is an engineer working on Shell and previously worked on Windows Updates. Great guy!!

https://twitter.com/johnwinkmsft/status/850464055902871552

Screenshot (102).png

Let's see what 2017-18 has hidden up it's sleeves... :angel:

Edit - This is the Windows Central article to which John replied. https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-needs-talk-about-phones

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Tbh MS asked us for patience :p but apparently we're not patient people lol

There will be a time to focus everything on phones, but not right now. The last quarter of 2017/ first of 2018 should be interesting.

However, we have played the waiting game before.......................

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
What have we become

Well, we're really fans of this OS at the end of the day. :smile:

We're humans. And supporting what we love is in our DNA.

Aw that's cool! Thanks for sharing.

I'm happy to bring a bit of cheer mate...

we used to be a very premium & high end niche with superb cameras and unbreakable software, getting smoked™ was the only possible result for the peasants

may we get there once again

To the point man !! Apt... :)

However, we have played the waiting game before.......................

That we have...

Last edited by a moderator:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It is cool, but at the same time sad that we have to look in all the nook and crannies for evidence.

Yeah it's cloudy, windy and a slight chance of rain here, reason for my somewhat of a negative spin on it :wink:

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately guys I think windows os's on PHONES is dead, when they talk about mobile they are not talking about phones, there is a big difference. Unless they come with something solid at build this year specifically about phones (again not just chatting mobile) then I would say Microsoft os's on phones is a dead topic and move on.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
48b8d6572e050263e690f5a2f989177b.jpg

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Isn't it self evident Microsoft intends to do "something" with a mobile phone OS as they have been releasing builds? If they are trying to kill it why have there been any builds at all?

I re-flashed my 635 with 8.1 and took a walk down memory lane....there has been a lot of improvements IMO. So as the OP points out, things are still going on for mobile, and it will have a phone app.

I use my device for a lot of other things and by comparison, a phone is not the most used app, and from what I can tell it, it hasn't changed any either - same old phone app, it is now surrounded by a lot more useful and powerful functions than in years past.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
unfortunately guys I think windows os's on PHONES is dead, when they talk about mobile they are not talking about phones, there is a big difference. Unless they come with something solid at build this year specifically about phones (again not just chatting mobile) then I would say Microsoft os's on phones is a dead topic and move on.

True about not talking about phones specifically but when the word 'mobile' is mentioned no-one outside of MS's walls are thinking tablet or laptop. Why do you think Android overtook Windows as leading OS in internet use? Because of the very mobile smartphone. If MS wants to retake that then they need to stop #$^$ing about consumers and give then a platform to work with (smartphone) that those who left would want to return, and those who're still here will remain and those thinking will think less and come over.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Isn't it self evident Microsoft intends to do "something" with a mobile phone OS as they have been releasing builds? If they are trying to kill it why have there been any builds at all?

I re-flashed my 635 with 8.1 and took a walk down memory lane....there has been a lot of improvements IMO. So as the OP points out, things are still going on for mobile, and it will have a phone app.

I use my device for a lot of other things and by comparison, a phone is not the most used app, and from what I can tell it, it hasn't changed any either - same old phone app, it is now surrounded by a lot more useful and powerful functions than in years past.

They have to fulfill their 2 year support cycle. That's the reason why all these phone were cut from the Creators Update.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
They have to fulfill their 2 year support cycle. That's the reason why all these phone were cut from the Creators Update.

I'm no corporate lawyer but aren't the phones being left out Nokia phones? Just as Fitbit is not on the hook for any warranties or support from Pebble, MS isn't responsible for Nokia's pre-buyout models. If there's any members of the Bar reading this, please chime in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo