So this happened... They didn't forget Mobile, huh...

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So we are supposed to take solace in someone asking if you need a hug? I'm not seeing how this helps us get any closer to MS taking Mobile seriously.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Look, just because the Tar Heels won the NCAA doesn't mean you can go all Confucius on us.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Sorry, still reveling in the winning atmosphere. I'll try to do better. Confucius say ... Oh well, you know what he sais.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
half empty mentality = Doom and Gloom, because MS wont not tell us their marketing strategy secrets...

half full mentality = Live to Fight another day, MS isn't going to pump up its chest to support a Mobile device that 'they' did NOT research, design, test, produce... 100%, start to finish. I believe they know if you want to fight to win, you better believe in want your fighting for, and if your going to be a bear, your better off being a Grizzly (and the bigger the better). If they have 'any' chance to take back the dominant position (which I am sure is their intent), I would be dumfounded if they didn't realize it is going to involve Mobile (phone, or its successor) as the vehicle.

Just my humble opinion, but I am going to consider myself as a half full person in this matter, until 'proven' wrong by fact, and not conjecture.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm no corporate lawyer but aren't the phones being left out Nokia phones? Just as Fitbit is not on the hook for any warranties or support from Pebble, MS isn't responsible for Nokia's pre-buyout models. If there's any members of the Bar reading this, please chime in.
IMO correct. They will save a lot of overhead cutting them. Even though the new update platform maximizes what Microsoft does and makes things easier, they do not have to include the other x# of SoCs from the other phones. And like you said they are not obligated too either.

IMO correct. They will save a lot of overhead cutting them. Even though the new update platform maximizes what Microsoft does and makes things easier, they do not have to include the other x# of SoCs from the other phones. And like you said they are not obligated too either.
Also the 640 SoC is not even on the list, so it confirms the Nokia drops even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladydias

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for this much needed ray of sunshine. Windows Central has gotten a little click-baity of late I think because MS isn't giving out much info about their plans. I do think that Windows mobile is going to be removed or modified in favor or full Windows on ARM. As stated above me, they are also clearly shedding the weight from the Nokia phones, most of which are over 2 years old.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
On your PC after CU-Go into apps, under apps find "Phone". Under the action centre, find "Mobile Hotspot" (or network settings). Under settings>privacy find "Call history". Under privacy messaging find "Let apps read or send SMS/MMS".

All this is on my desktop, and my tablet after the creators update. Win 10 mobile is getting an upgrade, platform is unifying.

There is no reason it would be any kind of priority to put text messaging or phone calling on tablets or laptops. Even with ARM compatibility. And doing it on this scale, before the ARM emu is even out - it's clearly preparation for the merger.

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Isn't it self evident Microsoft intends to do "something" with a mobile phone OS as they have been releasing builds? If they are trying to kill it why have there been any builds at all?

I re-flashed my 635 with 8.1 and took a walk down memory lane....there has been a lot of improvements IMO. So as the OP points out, things are still going on for mobile, and it will have a phone app.

Yup, the latest reveal by Zac Bowden about C-Shell says a lot !! Something indeed is going on. :)

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
On your PC after CU-Go into apps, under apps find "Phone". Under the action centre, find "Mobile Hotspot" (or network settings). Under settings>privacy find "Call history". Under privacy messaging find "Let apps read or send SMS/MMS".

All this is on my desktop, and my tablet after the creators update. Win 10 mobile is getting an upgrade, platform is unifying.

There is no reason it would be any kind of priority to put text messaging or phone calling on tablets or laptops. Even with ARM compatibility. And doing it on this scale, before the ARM emu is even out - it's clearly preparation for the merger.

I'm on 16199 but don't see it. Is this some phone app on PC or you are referring to the apps section in settings? Either case, I don't see it.

L0rdG1gabyt3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Yup, the latest reveal by Zac Bowden about C-Shell says a lot !! Something indeed is going on. :)

And FINALLY too. Been a long time Windows Phone/Mobile user, and the thought of switching to another platform really hurts. My wife just switched to iPhone, and my oldest daughter switched to Android. The only thing I'm jealous of with them is the app experience. The FB app for WP/WM is terrible compared to theirs, but I guess that is ultimately up to FB themselves to make us a decent app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb