Maps: Tap to Resume Navigation

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been having an issue with the Maps app where the navigation stop when my display turns off. I get a notification saying "tap to resume navigation." It used to give me turn by turn directions even when the phone was in lock mode. Now I have to constantly tap the phone to keep it awake which is dangerous cause I need to be concentrating on the road, not my phone.

I went into the batter options and enabled the setting to allow Map to always run in the background, but it did not fix the issue. Any other suggestions?

teranfirbt

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well, I was about 10 minutes from ditching my Lumia 950 until I realized that the maps app will prevent the phone display from turning off while navigating, then GPS works fine. Kind of frustrating because now I have to destroy battery life for nav, but at least not the end of the world. :sigh:
It worked great when I could set a destination and put my phone back in my pocket.

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've never had navigation run properly in the background. It's absurd that I can't lock my screen between turns. One more MS fail. Very much considering unloading my 950 on some poor unsuspecting fool and buying another Android phone that isn't a Samsung.

xForTheWin

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Any Microsoft wizards out there know of a fix?

I just updated to 10.0.15063.297 so I'll mess around to see if I find a hidden setting that fixes this bug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6