Upgrade Advisor telling there's no w10 for l735

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey, guys. A friend if mine got this issue. I'm wondering what could it be, and if anybody has this issue before? Does somebody have this issue right now as well?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey, guys. A friend if mine got this issue. I'm wondering what could it be, and if anybody has this issue before? Does somebody have this issue right now as well?

Is your friend upgrading from 8.1 ?
If this is so then if we ever have to use the WDRT then we will not be able to upgrade either.Our phones will be stuck with 8.1

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Is your friend upgrading from 8.1 ?
If this is so then if we ever have to use the WDRT then we will not be able to upgrade either.Our phones will be stuck with 8.1
Yes, but who knows, maybe it's temporary. Maybe it's just some error.
happened in my lumia 830 but I used windows insider app to upgrade to win10m.
When was it, and did you later manage to get w10m on your Lumia 830, and how?

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but who knows, maybe it's temporary. Maybe it's just some error.

When was it, and did you later manage to get w10m on your Lumia 830, and how?

I really hope that it is temporary.Please provide updates about this.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Reinstall Windows 8.1 using WDRT then try the Upgrade Advisor again
Did you have this problem, and do you know sooner that this should help? I don't want to tell him to use WDRT, and then you turn out that it was not the source of the issue.
I really hope that it is temporary.Please provide updates about this.
I certainly will.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Did you have this problem, and do you know sooner that this should help? I don't want to tell him to use WDRT, and then you turn out that it was not the source of the issue.

I certainly will.

Windows 10 worked very well on my 535ds though it is a low end phone. I got Creators update through Slow Ring Insider only yesterday before Microsoft confirmed that most phones will be left behind.Creators Update is better than AU on my phone and I wonder why these phones aren't getting it. Battery life is even better and the keyboard is better than on AU. This is not my primary phone but I like it very much and enjoy using it.
It will always be reassuring if we know that we can at least get upto AU in case hard reset does not help and we have to use WDRT.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I assume that it will be possible to get back to AU, and to install AU on our phones for the first time. I mean, these phones are still supported for AU, they are only not supported for CU. But this is somehow worrying...

Sent from mTalk

deabloem

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I am having this issue on my 640.

I had some 4g issues a few weeks ago and decided to do WDRT to see if rolling back to 8.1 would solve it. (It didn't, it was a messup on the providers end)

Yesterday I finally decided to go back to WM10, so I checked Phone Updates: Nothing. Installed Upgrade Advisor: Not available for my phone at this moment.

I did a soft reset, checked again: Nothing. I did a factory reset, checked again: Nothing. I did a hard reset, checked again: Nothing. Installed Insider: I only get the Preview option and when selected I get the message that there are no builds available.

I am at a loss. It's a 640. Unlocked. I had WM10 for a year, I should be able to get it again?

edit: I am on 8.1 Update 2 8.10.15148.160 after WDRT

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, Lumia 640 is a CU supported phone, so I believe that from your experience we can conclude that this is some error with their servers, or something like that on their behalf. You should definitely not worry. In fact, you having this problem with you Lumia 640 is actually a good news for the rest of us. :)

I hope this will turn out well soon for all of us.

Sent from mTalk

deabloem

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Well, Lumia 640 is a CU supported phone, so I believe that from your experience we can conclude that this is some error with their servers, or something like that on their behalf. You should definitely not worry. In fact, you having this problem with you Lumia 640 is actually a good news for the rest of us. :)

I hope this will turn out well soon for all of us.

Sent from mTalk

Well, I hope so! Would be silly if my CU supported phone would be stuck on 8.1!

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I checked My Library in Store on my phone.Upgrade Advisor app doesn't show up there now whereas it used to show up there even when it was not installed on my phone previously ( as far as I remember).It is not showing up when I search in Store also.

Is it because I am on CU now ?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hah, now you scared me for a moment...😂

Yes, it is normal I'd say. They can make apps invisible/unavailable to the Store for phones with the OS version they desire. Like in this case, in which Upgrade Advisor us not applicable to phones that already have w10m.

EDIT: Just checked with a Lumia 532 on wp8.1. Yup, Upgrade Advisor is still there.😎

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I just checked, it's still there, and it can be installed. That dude made a conclusion based on search from w10m phone, and wrote an article...😒

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hah, now you scared me for a moment...������

Yes, it is normal I'd say. They can make apps invisible/unavailable to the Store for phones with the OS version they desire. Like in this case, in which Upgrade Advisor us not applicable to phones that already have w10m.

EDIT: Just checked with a Lumia 532 on wp8.1. Yup, Upgrade Advisor is still there.������

I was worrying because it did show up earlier in Th 2 ,though I do not remember in AU.
Thanks for looking it up on the 532.
BTW, you can also check if on the 532 Upgrade Advisor says whether it is eligible for W10 to see if the server issue if any,has been corrected.(532 was a Microsoft branded phone and was eligible for W10).You need not actually upgrade it, just check I mean, if it is not an inconvenience.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Just checked it. It says:
Windows 10 upgrade for your phone is currently unavailable. We're trying to find out whether your phone is supported for Windows 10. [Learn more link]

NmI9CCs.jpg

The learn more link leads to the Microsoft page with this information about which Windows Phone 8.1 phones are supported for Windows 10 upgrade.

Same old list, no changes.

yQPfyWK.jpg

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I assume that it will be possible to get back to AU, and to install AU on our phones for the first time. I mean, these phones are still supported for AU, they are only not supported for CU. But this is somehow worrying...

Sent from mTalk

There is an article in MSPowerUser about Upgrade Advisor not allowing phones to be upgraded to W10.They are saying that phones seem to be blocked.
Really worrying !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney