Creators update

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, technically today is still April 25...

A little disappointed Night Light isn't in the update for W10M, but honestly, it doesn't work as well as I hoped it would on W10. f.lux provides a much better color change experience.

Meanwhile, anyone know if GATT support (for fitness wearables, etc.) is included?

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 640 normally (no release preview or anything like that) to 10.0.15063.251.

Got some problems (bugs???). Files app shows exactly the same amounts of used/free gigabytes for both Phone and SD Card.

The used/free gigabytes of SD Card are correct. Phone gigabytes are not. Tried to refresh and reboot (soft reset too) but it didn't help.

Anyone else?

edit: File Explorer seems to show wrong info when I check the properties of "This Device" as well.

edit2: After this update my phone has started to advertise "new messaging+ app" in the notification area after every restart of the phone. Every time. And the notification sound is LOUD! :angry:

edit3: Tried to fix Files app with this new feature:
There's now a new Apps category in the hub of the Settings app, where you can quickly uninstall and "reset" apps that are installed on your device. The reset option is actually handy for when an app becomes corrupt and you need to restore it back to as if it had just been installed on your device.

At first I tried to reset Files app. Didn't work. Files app vanished from Settings/Apps category, but icon remained in Apps menu. But didn't start the app any more. Couldn't uninstall either. After several attempts somehow I managed to download Files app from Store and install it again. But it still shows the wrong amount of gigabytes of phone memory.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Installed 15063.251 on my 950XL last night...phone was buggy, VERY buggy. Hard reset and now works like a charm. ONLY ISSUE...I cannot assign ringtones to people...they still exist in phone memory under ringtones, I can set alarms with them and text message however when I try to adjust ringtone per person, only the windows given ones show up...no other ones...weird.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The update finally showed up on my supported phones last night.

As for the unsupported ones, registry hack to the rescue, even the old Lumia 520!

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Noticed one more problem. When I go to Settings -> Glance screen, and turn "Show Glance screen when your screen is turned off" to "On", the setting goes back to Off when I leave the menu. So it doesn't save the setting at all. And Glance doesn't work at all!

:angry:

I can see all the Glance Screen Settings only when I am charging the phone! As soon as I disconnect the charging cable the Glance goes Off! Whatta...f...?

edit: Actually noticed that when Battery Saver -mode is active, the Glance won't work. When I disable Battery Saver, Glance works. I am confused.

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Aravind Belagaje
Originally Posted by camaroz1985
Has anyone gone from .138 on the slow ring to .251 on the slow ring on release preview? My 950 still hasn't gotten the update.

Move to release preview ring there only you can get .251 update and the happiest thing is it is available for non supported devices too.

Unfortunately, not everywhere or for every non-supported device. My unbranded UK L930 is on the current release version. I've switched to the release preview, but no update is available yet for me. Also, it is not yet available for my unbranded UK L950XL which is not on insider.

Now, I know this has been released to many phones in the UK so it's not my region. I don't even have a sim in my L930 so it's not my carrier. All I can link this to, going by MS's reasons as to why we may not get this update for some time yet, is that they are holding back due to some app I have installed that may not work with the new build. I shall have to start removing them one by one. What a pain, if only MS could publish a list of these dodgy apps. Then it would be easy to sort out.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Have they done that in the past? I wasn't aware of them holding off updates if you have certain apps installed. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet.

I thought I read somewhere that if you were on the current production build you need to go to fast ring first, that would give you 15063.2, and then switch to preview, that would get you to 15063.251.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You are correct for supported devices, but I believe the unsupported devices will not get the new builds. I don't have one of those devices to verify though, so this is just secondhand info.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Aravind Belagaje
Originally Posted by camaroz1985
I thought I read somewhere that if you were on the current production build you need to go to fast ring first, that would give you 15063.2, and then switch to preview, that would get you to 15063.251.

Fast ring is having feature2 update I don't think you can get 15063 in fast ring

You can get 15063.2 on the fast ring, but then you're stuck because I've just done it with my L930 and still no update shows on the release preview ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium