That's it. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's like death by 1,000 paper cuts with Windows Mobile. So many little things instead of one big thing, I've run out of patience. Since I upgraded to 10, the calendar has been a disaster. Snooze doesn't work, which is so basic it's incomprehensible. And now I can't get rid of a task from my lock screen (unless I choose a different app or no app to show detailed info, which I shouldn't have to do). I accidentally set up a task to be daily, instead of every Thursday. I went back and edited it - still shows up every single day. I completely deleted it, still shows up on the lock screen every single day. Looked at my calendar on my desktop - it's still there. Completely deleted it there - still shows up on the lock screen EVERY SINGLE DAY!

So now I have to decide between the evil that is Apple, or the complete dumpster fire that is Android (in my limited experience with Android tablets).

For the record, here's the straw that broke the camel's back:
wp_ss_20170423_0001.jpg

Damn trash!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wait, have you tried editing the calendar on a PC and then syncing your email immediately after? I get frustration but just try that first and see how that goes.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It's like death by 1,000 paper cuts with Windows Mobile. So many little things instead of one big thing, I've run out of patience. Since I upgraded to 10, the calendar has been a disaster. Snooze doesn't work, which is so basic it's incomprehensible. And now I can't get rid of a task from my lock screen (unless I choose a different app or no app to show detailed info, which I shouldn't have to do). I accidentally set up a task to be daily, instead of every Thursday. I went back and edited it - still shows up every single day. I completely deleted it, still shows up on the lock screen every single day. Looked at my calendar on my desktop - it's still there. Completely deleted it there - still shows up on the lock screen EVERY SINGLE DAY!

So now I have to decide between the evil that is Apple, or the complete dumpster fire that is Android (in my limited experience with Android tablets).

View attachment 135344

Damn trash!

Or you could ask for help before jumping off the bridge.
There are a lot of smart, helpful people here. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Wait, have you tried editing the calendar on a PC and then syncing your email immediately after? I get frustration but just try that first and see how that goes.

Yes, I've tried that. It appears on none of my calendars, hasn't in over a week. I've synced, rebooted, etc. But it's still on my lock screen and I get a reminder every day at 7. I would delete and reinstall the calendar, doesn't appear to be an option though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I've tried that. It appears on none of my calendars, hasn't in over a week. I've synced, rebooted, etc. But it's still on my lock screen and I get a reminder every day at 7. I would delete and reinstall the calendar, doesn't appear to be an option though.

Have you tried deleting the event on a pc altogether, sync on your phone, wait a bit and then try to add the event on a pc and then sync again?

I have heard that sometimes sending an email to yourself can make it work too. Sorry that it isn't working so far.

bing722

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Haha that's funny, but I could sense your frustration. I had a problem with contacts I deleted months ago on my desktop showing up on my phone's People app, and vice versa. One contact reappeared as five separate entries! Eventually that stopped happening. Sometimes pictures I take don't save in my camera roll.

I just decided to leave W10 Mobile behind this weekend. My 640 is aging at this point. I almost bought an Alcatel Idol 4S Windows version, but I saw that it doesn't support one of AT&T's major LTE bands (17). The 950's experience poor and erratic battery life and sometimes have overheating issues. I'm already aware of the usual W10 quirks. The Elite x3 is too expensive and not aimed at average consumers. What else is out there? MS doesn't seem to be committed to consumer phones or W10 Mobile as it exists now. Who knows what it will be like in a year or two? Full Windows 10 on mobile ARM devices doesn't appeal to me. Ah, it was fun while it lasted.

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 135344

Damn trash!
Android is terrible on tablets, but is very usable on phones now, since Lollipop actually. But, actually I think (and I can't believe I'm going to say it) that iOS is the most stable of them all. And of course you'll get all the latest and greatest apps.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So as of today, calendar has finally updated (snooze still doesn't work, that's a lost cause I'm afraid). I reckon I should give everything a week minimum before passing judgment. Guess I'll cling desperately to Windows phone a little longer. So much unrealized potential. Sigh...

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
IOS 10 works beautifully, unlike the w10m dumpster fire. Plus, you can call/text favs from the lock screen which replaces pinned contact's in w10m which i liked.

Sent from mTalk

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Damn trash!

lol, sorry I can't help but chuckle a little, sorry you are experiencing this I have no idea though I do know the lockscreen and tile for calendar stuff seems to take time to refresh when calendar changes happen. If it's a subscribed calendar, like google calendar, don't even bother thinking about it updating.

Brian Embry

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site

I like Android. Cutomizes easily enough. Though if your only experience was with an Android tablet then that is sad. Android though better now on a tablet was never optimized for tablet use. Which is sad since the Google Pixel C is a nice piece of hardware.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Can't blame you. I tend to do a hard reset every so often which seems to clean up these sorts of bugs that survive updates. But that takes time and bandwidth. But you can avoid bugs and the device runs faster and cleaner and it gives me a chance to clear out some old programs that I seldom use anymore. I would also note that both Android and iOS remain less than perfect. Android in particular seems to degrade into confusion as you use it. I am a big fan of the Windows Insider programs and the Feedback Hub. But it can become an exercise in frustration when bugs, duly reported and upvoted over and over, nonetheless persist through many, many new builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6